17. Why don't we just savor it?

Geno woke up with a yawn.

He sleepily looked around his surroundings.

Reaper? Why is he here In the same bed with him? Wait...

"Reaps?!"

Geno yelled out in surprise and fell out of the bed.

Oww...tumbling down on the cold hard floor was not good for his poor backbones.

He stood up and shook his clothes for any dust. (Not monster dust, mind you!)

"...Geno?"

Reaper murmured at the noises that he caused.

Geno turned his head at Reaper slowly.

Reaper seemed to blink his sockets for a bit before his eye lights came to view.

They looked at each other for moment, taking in the other's appearance.

"So...heyyy...I am back?"

Geno said awkwardly.

He internally facepalmed.

"Geno? You are real right? I am not hallucinating right?"

Reaper asked with a heart breaking expression on his face.

Then he grabbed Geno's hands without a warning.

Geno flinched at the sudden movement but stayed still.

He let Reaper touch his hands tenderly, thinking that he should let Reaper do what he wants since he deserves it after what Geno has done to him.

"Hehhehheh...I can touch you...So you weren't just a dream from last night."

Reaper muttered and squeezed his hands affectionately.

Geno just hummed in response, unable to think of the right words of comfort and reassurance to offer in return for once.

This continued for a quite a long time.

Reaper squeezing and poking his hands with Geno humming in the background.

They both knew they still needed to talk things out but they also knew that they needed the comfort from having been separated for years.

So for the first time in many years, in the house of Death, a glimmer of happiness and hope begin to rise again.