01.

Mallory.

"So how was the gala, had fun?" Mal's assistant bombards him with questions about the previous night, he really didn't have anything interesting to say, the gala was for the top elite of the well, village for pompous ass noble folk in semi-rural England. He really hated putting himself in that position but when your name is Roosevelt and you've taken care of half the town's pets whilst simmering on tea choices and best brands for polo shirts, you need to attend.

The place he lived in was semi secluded, just how he liked it though at times he swore he could hear wolves howl, which in itself is strange, back to his badgering assistant. "Hilda sweetie it was full of posh, dramatic aristocrats, I high tailed it when Mr. Langfield tried to get into my pants while his wife was talking to the town dictator." Mal replied and Hilda burst into fits of laughter and wheezes. "Oh Christ alive, I'd hoped it would get better, not get a married man try to shag you, I'm sorry you had to endure it." She apologetically expressed as the two of them open the clinic for the day.

Mal understood the need to go since he himself was considered a very important part of their large town, if only he wanted to be considered that way, he put on his coat and everything else a vet needed before walking past the threshold of his office and changing room to the waiting room, well one of them since he had the place extended. The clinic wasn't in the heart of village rather a small drive away from it, the village folk never seemed to mind since they always wanted to walk anyway, which was a way for them to just show off to their neighbors about anything particularly new on their person, vanity was the Casterly Village motto, that and power plays along with politics.

"Hello my love." Mal greeted a cute puppy brought in by Poppy, poor girl had forgotten that puppies weren't exactly meant to be out in cold weather for long, they would get sick. "How are you doing today Mr perky." He asked the little bunny before injecting the daily dose needed for the infection. Mal knew something was off about the day, maybe it was the bad gala or anything involved with interacting with Mr. Langfield, he shuddered at the thought of his name, that man was more trouble than he was worth.

In Casterly which was a poor choice of name for the town according to Mal, men were considered gay or bisexual, same as the women, no one expected you to be straight and no one cared if you choked on a cock while stroking your own, along with vanity came a huge load of lust, which much to Mal's dismay it had caused several gentleman and ladies to visit his clinic regularly with fake pet injuries, it unnerved him but at the end of the day, there was nothing he could do about it.

Mal continued with his rounds until he found one suspiciously unmoving cat. "Mr. Mumbly." He whispered and the cat moved immediately shocking Mal, the whiskered little devil just had to give his heart a fright. "You are troublesome." He mumbled cooing at the cat and checking it for everything that might be wrong. After checking the cat, Mal had completed his rounds in the waiting room. "Hey Mal, code unwanted." Hilda called out by the door and Mal sighed, of course, there was someone with no actual business at the clinic who would want to nag him.

He straightened out his white coat, and walked to the door whilst adjusting his glasses, though he preferred his contacts at times the glasses were a better perk  during work, a lot could get in his eyes considering he worked with animals. "Morning Mr. Langfield." Mal greeted him with a slight grumble, this man was a thorn in his paw and he didn't to be yanked out. "Morning Doctor, I wanted to talk to you, would you mind having a cup of tea with me, it's awful weather out there and I hear from Edgar you have quite an exquisite taste." He replied with a grin more fit for a predator waiting to pounce on prey.