07.

Mallory.

The ceremony was just like the gala, a beautiful setting, a beautiful venue, and a beautiful night, it was an evening of bliss obviously but Mal felt a bit unsettled, he was walking into the literal wolves den and the noble council of founders all gathered in one place. "I hate being here, tradition my arse." Mal grumbled as the car he and Harley shared parked at the available parking spots.

"We're going to be fine, it just an acknowledgment that I hold no ill will against my brother which at best I don't, I'm happy being with you." Harley comforted his mate and the two kissed just to make sure the other was okay. Harley got out the car and walked around to open the door for his mate, he was always the gentleman and Mal reveled in the feeling of having someone to call his.

"Breath beautiful." Harley comforted as the car lights flashed, it was somehow comforting to have his arm wound up around Harley's, it grounded him from all those who would lust over him, Mal breathed deeply willing himself to ascend the stairs of the mansion with grace, each step made dread fill him but also a strength that he hadn't had in a while, with Harley he could face them all.

"Sir Harley and Sir Mallory Roosevelt!" The man by the door announced and everyone turned to see them as they stood by the door, gasps were heard, and Lord Harold along with his family stood astonished by the beauty of the two males who had just come in, no one could have imagined them as a pair, no one could've seen this coming and yet here they were, standing in front of the elite. "I'm sorry I forgot to tell you, since I'm exiled, on pack grounds I'm not allowed to use my surname." Harley apologized but Mal waved him off, he didn't care about it, it actually sounded nice.

"It sounds perfect." He replied using what Hal had taught him as the mind link to say his words. "One more thing, three quarters of the people in here are wolves and they can smell my scent on you." Harley whispered in his ear making Mal clutch onto his arm tightly. "They won't do anything, well maybe bombard you with questions and ridicule, but I'm not leaving your side tonight." He assured and Mal felt better knowing he wouldn't be abandoned and also because he knew Harley's word was always upheld.

"Brother, how lovely of you to join us, you aren't dead." Mal immediately knew who the man was, it was the ambitious brother that had been supported by the patriarch to take Harley's place. "Hello, we haven't met, I'm Mal Roosevelt." Mal intervened before Harley could separate his brother's death from his body. "Ah, the mate, at last, you're rather beautiful, are you sure you're his mate." The man pressed on and Mal chuckled. "Forgive me Lord patriarch, but I believe ethics and morals are needed for proper conduct with people you barely know, and right now you're displaying neither, I'd advise you to hop along to daddy and whine about how the ceremony is going slowly rather than trying to make an enemy of me." Mal threatened coldly and Trent, Harley's brother seemed to have taken it rather badly.

He lunged for Mal but the doctor simply jabbed two points on his shoulder and the man dropped to his knee. "I told you, don't make an enemy of me, or I will cut you down like the piece of shit you are, and trust me, I've done worse." Mal whispered to Trent who now stood with a numb arm, Harley smirked proudly at the display of power. "Children." He mumbled and Mal laughed happily as wine was served to them by a waiter.

"Fuck you." Trent snapped before walking away, most of what had transpired had been seen by the Harold family and the guests. "It seems we've attracted chatter to us, oh well." Harley muttered as he led his mate down the hall to the paintings of the former alphas. "These are beautiful." Mal commented once he saw the first painting, there were many of them dating back to the founding of the town. "The wolves found it impossible not to co exist with the humans back then, so together they founded Casterly village, the human families would keep the secrets of their wolf brethren and the wolves would help keep Casterly village safe and thriving." Harley explained as he sipped the wine from his mate.

"You're quite the fighter, Sir Mallory, just like your father and mother." It had been the current patriarch who had spoken, it made Harley angry and Mal apprehensive. "What do you want now, you poisoned me, set me up for a challenge you knew I wouldn't win, and when I lost you exiled me and left me for dead, you're not even worth being called a father so what the bloody hell do you want?" Harley growled as his father stood there feeling his anger radiate in waves.

"It's okay babe, breath, I'm right here." Mal soothed and bit by bit Harley had calmed down. "I know what I did was wrong but it was for the good of the pack and the family, you refused to take a mate, wanting to adopt or choose some random woman to carry the heir of our house, I simply couldn't have that, so it had to be done." Lord Harold confessed and Harley scoffed. "I'm not going to waste my time going through emotions I've already processed, I wasn't good enough for you, I accepted that, so I'm begging you now, leave my mate and I alone, you've got what you wanted, just leave us alone." Harley responded as he took Mal's hand and led him away.

"What will you tell your children when they ask for their grandparents, what will you do when we want to see the children?" The patriarch questioned and Mal turned around to face him. "I won't lie to my children, and I won't sugar coat my own goodness either, but don't expect our children to ever be part of your lives, exile means total removal from everything, and he's done that, so to you, our children will be strangers." Mal responded and hooked his arm around Harley's the two left the patriarch alone with his wife and two daughters.

"I told you you've lost him, and this is all on you, you and your selfish conservative ways, let's see how your prodigy Trent runs this pack and family into the dust." The patriarch's eldest daughter spoke before turning to follow her brother and mate, though she couldn't talk to him, it was always good to see that he finally had someone to take care of him and someone who could handle his cold and brooding nature.

Mal and Harley found themselves in the dining hall, eyes of envy never left them, lust could be seen there too, it was unsettling having people undress you but the two of them had managed to keep their cool. "Cant we leave now." Mal asked as Harley pulled out a chair for him at the long table. "We can't leave yet, we have to wait till the ceremony is over." Harley comforted as he sat next to his mate, Mal groaned but agreed there was no way to leave, it would be disrespectful.

A glass was clanked by the patriarch, he raised his glass to make a toast, Harley groaned and Mal rolled his eyes. "A toast, to my son Trent who will succeed the Harold family as patriarch and also a toast to Sir Harley Harold for finding his mate, Sir Mallory Roosevelt, the very skittish but reliable doctor, may your love thrive." He raised his glass a bit higher and everyone cheered before downing their drinks, the dinner went on and it made Mal see the parts of the patriarch that he never thought he would along with that was his own hatred for the man.

"I'm ready to leave." Harley grumbled after the three course meal, of course, a fiasco had occurred during that time. "At least we got to see drama, lady Langfield finally saw how much of a male whore her husband is.." Mal commented with a chuckle "That was some good entertainment." Harley confessed, the two lovebirds continued with their gossip and low chuckles, it made Mal feel a bit better and Harley seemed less stressed.

The ceremony went well and Trent was named patriarch as it happened Mal and Harley stood to leave. "Beautiful, shall we?" Harley asked his mate and the two rose and walked away from the hall in grace. "Harley, brother!" Trent yelled. "Stop right there!" He growled out but Harley and Mal didn't stop, as they walked to the car Trent struggled to catch up, and when he did he snatched Harley's arm. The older wolf immediately crouched down swiped Trent off his feet and lunged for Trent with his fist already clenched.

"Leave me alone, the lot of you, I want nothing to do with you!" Harley yelled with a dominance only the alpha could use, it stunned everyone but they all stepped back. "I want nothing to do with you or your family patriarch, enjoy your blood party, you traitorous wanker." Harley spat and moved to open the door for Mal who immediately got in, with great strides Harley got into the car as well and drove off into the night, Mal who had watched everything unfold knew what Lord Harold had done had broken his family, it wasn't his job to fix it, his job was loving Harley and he would uphold it.

+++

Vote - Share - Comment

LMJ