Epilogue.

SWEET EXILE
POP ETC - Speak Up
Harley & Mallory.

Mallory sat in front of the fire place, the heat was comforting and the large wolf behind him was asleep with its head on his lap, it was one of his favorite pastimes, just sitting there with Shadow along with ranger and enjoying each other's company. A lot had happened during this particular winter and as it ends Mal couldn't complain because it had been one of the best.

Living with his fiancè made everything sweeter, though they had disagreements both of them never went to bed angry at the other, no one was perfect that was for sure but making it work was what both of them thrived for. Ranger snuggled more into Shadow's fur, the wolf and dog had created their own bond, and as he saw it Shadow had taken the cute dog as his own. Mal rubbed Shadow's rough fur earning a cat like rumble which seemed more of a growl than a purr.

He smiled to himself seeing as both the wolf and his man were happy just being there with him, he then turned his stomach and rubbed it as well, over the past months Mal realized the use of a condom during sex which he and his mate had never bothered with, he had gotten pregnant and though it was unplanned and unexpected it didn't dampen his happiness or Harley's.

Harley seemed to have known that having so much sex would've ended up with him knocked up, Mal didn't care, he had always wanted to have kids, experience the process itself, though his dreams of experiencing everything didn't cover the vomiting and extra weight, he was still determined to enjoy his first pregnancy.

As he rubbed his stomach Shadow shot up from his lap and stared at the foyer growling, Ranger didn't move from his spot beside the wolf but he was barking, that was when Mal heard the rumble of a car which had parked in his driveway, he groaned and got up with the help of Shadow, apparently the wolf was just as protective as his counterpart, Mal had been forbidden to do anything strenuous by his lord, and Hilda had been instructed to help Mal more with everything, though in his eyes it wasn't enough, he ended up getting am intern for the clinic.

"Let me go see who it is." Mal mumbled as he lazily walked to the door in one of Harley's large shirts and sweatpants, with pregnancy came laziness and it only increased as his baby grew, right now it was showing because he was starting his third month. When he finally got to the door he sighed, Ranger was by his side growling and Shadow's huge form was also nearby.

He swung the door open and he was surprised to see who it was at the door, she had never visited before, though she and Harley talked, he hadn't exactly let her in. "Hello brother in law." She greeted with a smile and Mal reciprocated it. "Hello Riley, come in." He offered, but before she could step inside Shadow growled. "Um, are you sure, he seems very, very angry." Riley remarked standing awkwardly by the door.

"It's his territory and he's an overprotective papa, so I might as well ask him for permission." Mal explained and turned to face Shadow with a lopsided smile. "She will stay for an hour Shadow, please, she wouldn't be here if she didn't have something important to say." Mal pleaded and Shadow seemed to ponder over it. "One hour or she's dead." He replied mentally and Mal sighed happily. "I take it I have one hour or he will kill me." Riley asserted and Mal nodded.

"Then I will make most of my time here." She surmised as they made their way into the kitchen after Mal locked the door, Shadow went back to the fireplace with Ranger beside him, the two went back to sleep but Mal knew they were both alert, and the slightest movement wrongly was a trigger. "I came to give you this, and seeing as my brother is not in control, talking to you will be easier." She explained offering Mal a bag of clothes, specifically baby clothes.