3: UNFORTUNATE EVENTS

Louis: December 15th, 7:00 PM

━━━━━━━━━━━━

So in 9 days, I'm finally going to see a friend of mine. How could I possibly know everything about her but no her name?

Right now, I'm in this books store near my apartment to buy her a book that she might like. Paris loves reading books and is a huge fan of Audrey Hepburn. She occasionally writes a quote from Audrey or a book at every end of her letters.

She did mention this book her dad would often read to her on Christmas. It's not a Christmas story, but she says Santa does show up and gift weapons.

The Lion, The Witch, and The Wardrobe

"Excuse me, do you still have this book?" I ask the cashier, lifting a picture of the book's cover.

"Uhm, no. You're too late. The last one was just bought a few minutes ago."

"Really? Just before I came here?" I stutter.

"Yes." The woman nicely nodded.

I suddenly lost hope. That book was possibly the one thing that would make her happy. But how come I didn't know anything else she liked? We've been writing letters to each other and have known each other for a long time now. (We started sending letters in the 6th grade)

I look down at my feet as I walked with the cold breeze of winter when I suddenly bumped into someone.

"Hey, watch where you're going!" I exasperated, taking a peek at the person who had just nearly tripped me over.

"C-Chloe?" I stutter.

"Louis?"