4: MEETING AGAIN

LOUIS

━━━━━━━━━━━━

Remember that girl that I broke up with almost a year ago? Yeah, that's Chloe. Chloe Pembroke―she's weird and unique. She's not just your typical fancy and sophisticated French girl, she is different. She loves doing crafts and she always wanted to be a journalist at some point in her life.

"I'm so sorry I bumped into you." The girl stutters nervously.

I felt guilty for yelling at her for accidentally bumping into me. I mean, even if she was a stranger I would still feel guilty.

"It's alright, I'm terribly sorry for yelling at you," I say as I spotted a book that had fallen on the ground.

"Is this yours?" I asked.

"Yes, thank you. This is really important to me."

"Oh... The Lion, The Witch, and The Wardrobe."

"Yeah, it's a really nice book. Although it bothers me why St. Nicholas would―"

"Give an eight-year-old weapons." I continued.

"Exactly!" she laughed.

The interminable silence between the two of us as we nervously chuckled, waiting for someone to speak up. Obviously, I did it.

"So...are celebrating the holidays here?"

"Oh." She slides a strand of her hair behind her ear. "Yeah, came to visit a friend."

"Who, Dixie?" I begin. "You guys are still friends?

"First of all, no." she chuckled.

"And second of all, we are still friends."

"No way."

"Uhm." She paused. "I have to go, it's getting late Camille is probabaly getting worried."

"Yeah." I sigh. "I'll see you soon then?"

"Anytime."