7: TEA PARTY

LOUIS

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

Chloe takes me for some late night tea so I could cool down my mind from all the nervous vibe I get around dad.

She leads me to a shop with her arm slung to mine. Tilting my head, I take a deep breath puffing out cloud smoke. We end up in front of an oddly looking tea shop. It had huge windows on the side and a navy blue entrance.

"Whittard?" I asked. "I never thought they had one of these here too."

Chloe looks up at me. "Yeah, it opened up a few weeks ago."

So now, I find myself sitting in front of a beautiful girl and a circular table with a teacup in my hand. Chloe still looked like an angel even at night.

"So how's the tea?" she asked, placing her small china cup on top of her saucer plate.

"Still the same."

"Uhm...Louis?" Chloe paused.

"Yeah?" I asked, setting my cup down in interest.

"I'm sorry for turning you down on Christmas."

Suddenly after what she said, I couldn't help but remember that Christmas. That cold winter breeze as we walked through the London bridge. I get an achy feeling in my chest, looking back at how pained I was that day.

"It's fine." I smiled. "The past is the past, am I right?"

"Yes." she agreed.

All of a sudden, I was thinking which side of my mind should I follow? Is it the side where I think I'm still completely in love with this girl again? Or is it the other? that keeps telling me I would just get hurt and fall into a million pieces again.