10: HOME SWEET HOME

CHLOE

The day that I most fear has come. 

Throughout the story, I'm guessing you have been confused about everything; perhaps. 

It's true. On "Earth", I am known to be Chloe Pembroke. Here at the North Pole, I'm Chloe Claus. 

Santa's second born daughter. I would normally spend Christmas in Paris but ever since Louis and I started dating last year, we spent Christmas in New York. We always talked about moving there and going to college there. But I guess things really don't go as planned.

Once I noticed Louis go through the mirror behind me, I fell on my knees, trying to catch him as he fainted.

Now, me and Louis, are in one of our house's spare rooms. Mary, one of daddy's most treasured and trusted elves bring us some tea. Louis was still uncautious.

"Thank you, Mary."

Dad gets in soon after Mary leaves. "Has he woken up yet?"

"No." I sigh. "Not yet."

"Dad?" I put my head up. "I'm gonna say hi to mom first. I'll be right back. Keep an eye on him, please?"

Daddy gives me a faint smile, motioning my way out.

I walk to the kitchen. Our whole house smells exactly like Christmas. It always does. 

"Mother." I lean on the kitchen counter. 

 Mom turns around with a tray of freshly baked drop cookies from the oven; classic. 

"Daughter." she nods. "Your sister?"

"Paris."

"Ew." she scoffs. "You have got to stop it with your french accent. It doesn't fit you."

"Says the person who suggested we should stay in Paris."

"I heard you brought an unexpected guess." I reach out for the cookie but she slaps my hand away. 

"Yeah, I did. I guess...?"

"How?"

"He saw me walk in the mirror, I guess."

Mom snaps her fingers. "I knew I should have asked Dasher to pick you up."

"Your father never listens."

"Rumor says that the princess has arrived." A voice interrupts.

"Looks like the rumors are true." I look down at also one of daddy's elves.

"Alabaster Snowball, It's great to see you."

"Alabaster, I thought you were at the wrokshop with gift wrapping duty," Mom says.

"It's Millie."

"Millie still works at the workshop?" I chuckle.

"She insisted on it!" The elf laughs.