6: DINNER

Louis: The next day...

━━━━━━━━━━━━

Today, my dad is dropping by New York before heading to Colorado and go skiing. I know my family loves me. But my two sisters and parents going to Colorado without me was a bit sad. Although they did ask me if I wanted to change plans and come, I said no.

I go to the café. I was informed about a letter for me, brought on top of a table. Of course, who else could possibly write me a letter other than Paris.

"Here you go." Erin hands me the letter. "Oh, and here's your regular tea."

I read the letter and chuckle at how smart she always sounded.

"Since when have you been dating Letter Girl?" Erin asked with a suspicious look on his face.

"Her name is not Letter Girl." I correct. "And we are definitely not dating."

"Ok..." he teases, looking away to assist a customer.

"My dad's coming for dinner tonight." I begin. "Could you come, please?"

"I can't. I have the night shift today."

"Besides, I think it's time you feel comfortable talking to him." He added.

Since I had just met Erin when I got stranded in New York, one person only knew how I felt around my dad; how uncomfortable I was. And that is, Chloe. So I dial her number, hopefully, it's still the same. (it's not) I search her name on Instagram and dm her instead.

The restaurant that my dad had chosen for us was fancy. Mostly, people are on formal clothes while I was silently anxious in my seat, wearing a peacoat.

There is an awkward silence between me and my dad.

From a distance, I hear women indistinctly speaking in the entrance. And so, I turn my head where a girl spots me. An obnoxiously perfect girl whom I pictured walking in slow motion to us, Chloe. Until she was literally in front of me.

"What are we talking about?" Chloe winks taking a seat beside me.

"Nothing much."

"It's always a pleasure to see you, Chloe," Dad says.

"Mr. Partridge, it's been so long." She replies when my dad excuses himself to the bathroom.

I move my head close to hers.

"Hi...again."

"Hi." She whispers.

Chloe shifts her head and leans near my ear.

"Just so you know, before I got in, I found the nearest exit so just grab my hand and we're leaving." She chuckles.

Surprisingly, I survived the one not awkward dinner with my dad. And that's all because of Chloe.

Dad gets a cab back to the airport when he gives me a slight pat on the shoulder.

"I'm glad you and Chloe got back together."

"W-What? We're not―"

"Oh, please. I've been married long enough, son." He smirks, riding in the cab.