8: CAT IN THE BOX?

CHLOE

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

Spending almost every day with Louis was so much fun. Too fun that I've completely forgotten about writing to London and calling Camille every single night. 

But anyway, today my dad has managed to bring me a little something from my door. He said it was for me to feel a little happier and less lonely. 

I rush to my doorstep with a huge smile on my face. Dad promised to bring it at this exact time of the day.

I look down at the regular brown box, turning my head from left to right then carrying the box in.

I settle it down the floor as it shook fast revealing my cute baby reindeer, Hoshi.

"Hoshi!" I yell, opening my arms wide. "I missed my little boy!"

Hoshi is purely white. It's hard to see if he's really a dog or not. In fact, some dogs do look like baby deers. Take a mini pinscher for example.

He grunts scootching in next to me.

I'm guessing you are definitely confused right now.

On top of that, I'm taking Hoshi for a walk outside. I swear, no one will even notice. As long as I hid his antlers. So, I get one of my Christmas beanies and had placed it on his head.

"Voilà!" I raise my arms proudly. "Look who's looking dashing."

Hoshi and I walk through the everyday busy streets of New York. I spot a familiar figure raising his phone up with a cup of maybe tea or coffee on his other hand. 

"Good day, Sir." I let out a sarcastic bow like a princess. "I see you're having trouble finding reception."

"Chloe?" Louis gazes down at my eyes. "I thought this was your apartment?" he says pointing at the cute pastel townhouse in front of us.

"No, silly. It's way over there!" I point to my apartment which wasn't that far anyway.

"You live in a luxury apartment in New York?" he asked. "Of course it's you, Chloe!"

I chuckled as Louis lays his eyes on Hoshi. 

"Is that a-" he stutters. "Dog?"

"Uh-huh." I nodded hesitantly.

He hunches down to take a better look at Hoshi. "Why does it sound like a dog toy?"

"He...ate one...?"

Louis looks at me with concern. 

"His pediatrician said it's fine once he gets surgery," I explained.

"You mean, veterinarian?" he corrects.

"Yes! You're right. My bad." I fluster.