December 4-Back door Santa

He was early, which was totally out of character, but he might hope that he would see Harry before he put on his Santa suit so he had rushed to work.

He was lucky. Harry was already in the dressing room and he hadn't changed yet!
"Good morning!" Louis greeted, sounding a little breathless. So obvious! He needed to get a grip.

"Good morning Louis." Harry answered and shot him a dimpled smile that made him weak in the knees.

He fumbled with his costume. He had taken it home and washed it. He didn't want to smell like old feet around Harry.
"Uhm, so how are you?"

"I'm good, you?" Harry smiled while he started to dress up as Santa.

"Also good." Louis answered and mentally faceplanted. This was an awkward conversation. Where was his sass?

"You're not originally from London, right? Somewhere in the north? You have a cute accent." Harry said.

Cute? Cute! Louis almost died.
"Uhm, Doncaster."

"No way! That's like two hours from my hometown, Holmes Chapel." Harry grinned while he pulled up the Santa pants with the fake belly.

"How long have you lived in London?" Louis asked while he tried to determent what was front and back of his elf trousers.

"Like five months." Harry answered.

"Cool!" Louis said.

"How long have you lived in London?" Harry asked and smiled.

"About six months." Louis answered.

The rest of the guys came walking inside so that was the end of that conversation. They got changed and headed out to Santa's wonderland where there already was a line of children waiting to meet Santa. 

Louis went to get the first child as soon as Harry sat on his chair. He was glad that he liked children otherwise this job would be boring as hell. But he really enjoyed their happiness when they met Santa. It put him in a Christmas spirit and he really needed that. Due to this job, he wouldn't be able to go home for Christmas and the prospect of celebrating it alone was a real mood killer.

When it was time for lunch Louis hurried so he could sit next to Harry. He took every opportunity to talk to him. Sue him! That man was gorgeous. He had to find out if he was gay or bi or pan or something that meant that he had a shot. It wasn't like he could ask him straight up. He had to be subtle about it.

He took out his leftover pizza from yesterday. Harry wrinkled his eyebrows a little and started to unpack his own lunch which contained a chicken salad.
"So Harry, do you have a partner?" Louis blurted out and blushed a little. Very subtle. At least he used the word partner to show him that he didn't assume that he had a girlfriend.

"I'm single. You?" Harry said with a smile and stabbed a piece of chicken with his fork.

He didn't define partner so Louis couldn't do it either. Damn it!
"Same."

"Hi, Harry." Anna cooed and batted her eyelashes as she sat down opposite them. Louis wanted to strangle her. Lightly. He didn't want to hurt her for real even if she annoyed the shit out of him.

"Hi, Anna." Harry greeted and continued to eat.

Niall, Liam, and Zayn joined them as well.
"I'm having a Christmas party on the 12th. You should all come." Niall said with a grin.

"I'll be there." Liam smiled and Zayn nodded his head.

Anna looked at Harry.
"Considering you and I are practically married, you know Mr. and Mrs. Clause, we should go together." She said and giggled.

Louis snorted out loud and tried to hide his reaction with a cough. Harry looked at him and chuckled before he turned to Anna.
"Honey, I'm super gay."

Anna gasped.
"Santa can't be gay!"

"Why do you think he has all the elves?" Zayn chuckled which made Niall and Liam cackle out loud.

Louis started to cough for real when he choked on his pizza. Harry patted his back with a grin.
"Okay there?"

"Yeah!" Louis hissed, trying to breathe.

Anna looked at him instead.
"I guess you can take me to the party then Louis."

He almost felt sorry for her.
"You have to check your gaydar darling. I'm also super gay."

Harry looked surprised at first and then he smiled a dimpled smile at him.

"Are everyone gay around here?" Anna whined.

Niall, Zayn, and Liam didn't answer and she stomped off. Harry and Louis looked at them.
"I'm straight." Niall grinned.

"Me too." Liam said.

"Me three. I don't want to date her." Zayn answered.

"So are the two of you coming to my party?" Niall asked.

"Yeah, sure." Louis immediately agreed.

"Yes, thanks for the invite, Niall." Harry smiled.

They finished their lunch. Louis had to contain himself from getting up and dance while he cheered "he's gay!" That would be really inappropriate and embarrassing. He cheered internally instead.

They both lingered in the dressing room after their workday was over. Louis had never changed so slowly and Harry took his time as well. As soon as they were alone Harry turned to look at him.
"So...are you busy right now or would you like to grab a coffee or something?" He asked, sounding nervous.

"I'm not busy! Yeah, I'd love to." Louis hurried to say.

Harry dragged a hand through his hair and smiled.
"Great!"

They hurried to change and headed to the nearest Starbucks. Harry paid for their coffee and they found an empty table and sat down. Neither of them seemed to know what to say. Louis took a big gulp of his coffee and burned his throat. His eyes watered.
"Hot!" He gasped.

Harry poured him a glass of water from the jug placed on the table. Louis took a sip and gave him a thankful smile and chuckled lightly. That seemed to be an icebreaker and they spent an hour getting to know each other before they parted ways.