Night of the hawk

Waverider, bridge, Harmony Falls, 1958

"I'm not the only one whose vision is blurry in their left eye am I?" Stein asked once we landed.

"Oh seeing three of everything that's normal right?" Jax asked as I stood up.

"Yes, as I mentioned before, the effect of time travel on the human body increases with each jaunt." Rip said and I shrugged.

"Fine feel I well." I said, immediately turning to Rip for an explanation.

"Linguistic dysplasia. It should pass in a few minutes."

"So where are we?" Kendra asked as I crossed my arms.

"Harmony Falls, Oregon. According to Captain Baxter's intel, Savage makes an appearance in this quaint little hamlet."

"Here he is why?" I asked before groaning.

"I think what she meant was, what the hell is Savage doing in pleasantvile?" Jax asked and I nodded.

"Murder apparently. Several denizens of Harmony Falls have been brutally slain, and others have gone missing."

"Huh. Kind of like Rory." Jax said, glancing at Leo.

"Jax up hell the shut!" I snapped, causing Leo to chuckle and put a hand on my shoulder to calm me down.

"Reports are vague but it seems the killer is an expert with knives."

"That sounds like Savage's MO." Sara said and I nodded.

"Yeah but serial killing isn't. Sounds pretty small time for a guy who's had coffee with Hitler." Ray said as I glared at Jax.

"Yeah, well clearly we have to assume that Savage has a larger more nefarious plan. But, since we've jumped back in time Savage isn't expecting us here."

"Savage is pretty good at hiding, even in a small town so how do you plan to find him?" Kendra asked.

"By investing these murders. Now, there has to be a common link between the victims. Starting with the first, a piano teacher was found slain in her home which is now on the market. Dr.Palmer and Miss Saunders, you will be a newlywed couple looking to buy the home. Dr.Matt Miller was found murdered on the grounds of the asylum where he worked. The sanitarium is in need of a replacement. Professor Stein you will be going in for the job with Miss Lance and Dr.Ramon as your nurses/assistants. Meanwhile, Jefferson is the perfect age to discern the facts behind the disappearance of three teenagers who went missing a week before these murders began."

"So Raymond and Kendra are shacking up. Sara and kitten are nurse ratched and Jax is the new kid in town. Where does that leave me?" Leo asked as me and Sara headed to the fabricator to get ready for the mission.

Asylum

"It's a very impressive facility. I did my doctoral thesis on sociopathology in relation to serial murder, actually." Stein told the doctor who was showing us around.

"Well, that'll certainly come in handy around here. We've been shortstaffed ever since Dr.Miller's sudden demise."

"Of course, I could never consider accepting a position here without my faithful nurses." Stein said, motioning to me and Sara.

"Yes. Well, they look like they'll fit right in." The doctor said before walking off.

"Great, let's go meet up with the rest of the team at that diner." I said and we walked out of the asylum.

Diner

"Schwinn Hornets. I had the very same one when I was their age. Seeing white picket fences and perfect family houses, it's enough to make one nostalgic." Stein said and I rolled my eyes.