10

--------

Dream didn't send the text. He didn't want to make George worried. 

Unless he wouldn't care. Maybe I've made him so mad that he couldn't care less about how I felt. 

The longer Dream stayed in his bed, the farther down he spiralled. The only thing that snapped him out of his thoughts was a light weight jumping onto his chest. Dream opened his tired eyes a little. Patches sniffed his shirt, jerked her head and then meowed at him. 

Dream smiled softly. He was ten minutes late feeding her. Dream patted her fur and then sat up. She hopped off and led him to her food dish, as if concerned he'd forgotten where it was. 

After he fed Patches, he got her water. And then he got hungry, so he made himself food. And then when he was finished, he got dressed. And when he was done getting dressed, he brushed his teeth and his hair. And then he looked at the time. He had gone nearly an hour without thinking about George. 

He took a deep breath, and exhaled, expecting a wave of sadness to push him back into his bed, where he would lay for months and months until he finally got over it. 

The wave was just a small pinprick. And before he could focus on it and make it grow, Patches poked her head around the corner and purred at him. And then he couldn't feel the sad anymore, he didn't see George's face as he pushed Dream away on the street, he didn't see George walking away from him at the airport.

He just saw his cat, Patches, who had been here long before Dream knew George. 

It was a nice reminder that the world wasn't ending. 

Dream picked up his phone, and he saw the text he'd written to George before he got up.

Dre: i miss you

The send button waited patiently. Dream hit the delete button instead. The message was gone. Dream put down his phone, picked up his cat, and moved on. 

--------------

On the other side of the sea, George was lying in his bed, typing on his phone. 

Jorj: i miss you

------------

technoblade WISHES he had as bad a posting schedule as me.

this is a short chapter cus i'm tired but i felt like i've been gone for like way too long 

this is getting way more attention than i expected it to, it was really sposed to be just a funny joke story i wrote for me but i'm really glad that you guys are reading it and liking it :)

i think yall are liking it anyways 

anyways bye