13

oh my god this has so many reads and saves

smh guess i'm a fanfic writer now </3

!!!She-Ra Spoilers (just the first and third line)!!!

-------------

Dream slapped a hand to his mouth. "Oh my god. Not Entrapta. Oh my god no."

Patches jumped onto his lap and nudged his arm. Dream ignored her.

"Adora, I swear to god do not leave her-"

Patches nudged him again, this time more aggressively. Dream brushed her away, his eyes landing on his phone, which was ringing. 

Oh! Dream paused She-Ra and picked up. "Hey hey."

"You're at the airport now, right?"

"Oh hi George." Dream scratched his head, his brain working hard to catch up. 

"Are you?"

"At the airport? No, why?"

"Cus I'm almost there, and I'm ninety percent sure that Sapnap is too."

Dream giggled. "It's so weird to say Sapnap when we're not on stre- OH!"

He jumped up, Patches flying off him. "Oh shit! I'm so sorry, I'm on my way right now."

"Apologize to Sapnap, not me."

Dream giggled again while shoving shoes on. "Still sounds super weird."

"Clay! Get out the door!"

"Alright alright I'm on my way! See you soon! Love you, bye!" 

Dream hung up, flew out the door and into his car, and when he got to the airport he had no trouble at all finding Sapnap and George.

"You have to eat McDonald's while in America, George, it's like, a law."

"It's not a law, and I'm not eating McDonald's first," George was looking at his phone. "Is he here yet?"

Seeing George in person again erupted a bunch of things in Dream's chest, all warm and fuzzy and happy. Dream burst into a smile and ran at his friends.

Sapnap looked up just in time and started laughing. "Dream, dude oh my god you scared me, I thought you weren't coming!"

"Nah, I wouldn't've left you guys!" Dream laughed.

"What were you even doing?" George asked.

"I was heroically fighting a robber away from my old lady neighbour's house." Watching She-Ra. "You guys were getting McDonald's?" 

George sighed and rolled his eyes. "No, we were very much not."

"George's not, I am," Sapnap said, turning back into the McDonald's line.

"This is the airport, everything's super expensive," Dream pulled Sapnap away. 

"I'm not going to McDonald's!" George protested.

"Then I'll make you something at home," Dream said.

"At home?" 

"yeah, my home is your home," Dream said. "Mi casa su casa." 

"Never speak Spanish again," George giggled, face flushing. Dream put his arm around George's shoulder, grinning.

"I for one liked it," Sapnap said. "Dream, I gotta say you are absolutely stunning in person." 

"Thank you kindly young man," Dream said, wheezing a little. 

"Now that we've met in person, do I get to call you Clay?" 

"Absolutely not," Dream said, face changing instantly. He put his arm around Sapnap and marched them both out of the airport. "George, what should I make you?" 

"A cake." 

----------

Dream passed the spare bedroom where Sapnap was sleeping. He poked his head in and Sapnap made reaching motions for him.

"Dream come give me a kiss." 

Dream wheezed. "Goodnight Sapnap." 

"Goodnight honey." 

Dream passed George's room next, but he stopped and stepped inside. "The cake will be ready tomorrow." 

"You know I was joking about that, right?" George said, pulling a shirt over his head. 

Dream swallowed and forced his eyes away. 

"I haven't baked in a while, so I honestly want to make it now." 

"You're just a simp," George said, readjusting his shirt, and then dropping his hands at his sides. He smiled at Dream. 

"Not as big a simp as Sapnap," Dream said.

"True," George said. He sat down on the bed. "Dream, can I ask you something?" 

"Of course." 

"When you were on the phone with me, before the airport, you said bye and 'love you'." 

Dream went cold. He'd been hoping George wouldn't think too much of it, or even hear it. 

"You didn't... mean it, did you?" 

Mean it? Of course I do. But if I tell you that, it'll change everything again. If I've learned anything from the last time you were here, it's that I can't tell you that I mean it.

"I'm deeply in love with you," Dream said. "I'm deeply in love with Sapnap, too." 

"Dream, I need you to tell me you're not literally in love with me." 

"I'm not literally in love with you." 

George closed his eyes, nodded and looked away. "Goodnight, Dream." 

"Goodnight," Dream said, heading out of the room. He stopped, his hand still on the wall, and poked his head back in. "Oh, what should we do tomorrow?" 

"Honestly, I think I'll just want to sleep all day," George said. 

Dream nodded. "Goodnight Gogy." 

"Goodnight Dre." 

-------

It was late. George should've been asleep, but he wasn't. He knew that the other two were asleep, which was why he was ultra quiet when he sat up, as if the slight rustling of the blankets would wake his friends up. 

He'd been here before, in this exact room in fact. But it, like everything in this house, smelled faintly like Dream. 

George didn't notice this in a creepy way, of course. He noticed it in a way that someone notices something small about their lover. Something small and insignificant, like the way Dream has to sleep with his LEDs on, like the way Dream pretends he keeps all his stuffies in his spare bedroom but they're actually all in his bed. Something small that just makes you love them more. 

George laid down and turned on his side. His pillow smelled like Dream, too. 

------

i'm failing all my classes and i haven't talked to my friends in like two weeks but hey hey i'm not completely pointless you guys like my stupid writing :) /j i'm ok