vi

clay

clay couldn't get the soft boy out of his head. as much as he tried to tear his thoughts away from the pretty boy, nothing seemed to work. it had been two weeks since the apple garden.

clay and blue has been spending everyday together, giggling and messing about. clay loves being with blue. each moment with blue makes clays heart jump and his stomach fill up with fluttering blue butterflies. he feels safe with blue. he feels happy.

clay comes home on monday, thoughts still all over blue.

"what has my little boy been doing?" momma smiles brightly, pinching at clays cheeks.

clay scrunches his nose at the thought of blue. he gives momma a big grin.

"very good momma!" clay responds, fiddling with his shirt.

momma turns around and begins plating lunch. the wonderful aroma of a pb&j sandwich rose into the air.

"momma?" clay whispers suddenly. his eyebrows knit together in wonder.

"yes?"

"i met a pretty boy recently," clay confesses, voice soft.

"a pretty boy?"

"yes," clay mumbles, twisting his tiny fingers around. "he's really really really pretty. I get jittery, and my heart feels like it's exploding whenever im around him. why is this?"

momma gives clay a knowing look. the corners of her lips begin to twitch upwards in the beginnings of a small smile.

"you like him, clay."