seven

George

"Is the pretty boy coming over again today?"

"MOTHER!" George groaned in exasperation. "Stop that!"

"I've seen how you look at him. I haven't seen you look at someone that way before."

George stopped cold in his tracks. Was it really that obvious? No. Mother is just delusional. Of course I don't like him.

"So, is he coming over again?"

"Yeah," George muttered reluctantly. "He invited himself over."

"Maybe he likes you too."

"MOM!"

...

George lead Dream around his house. The tall boy had come over a few minutes ago, and George could barely snatch Dream from his overly-curious mother's grasps. Dream had been looking at George, smirking.

"So does your mother think we're dating or what?" Dream prodded at George's strings.

"No."

"So... should we start dating?"

"DREAM!" George yelled, turning to glare up at the annoyingly handsome boy.

"Kidding."

"At least you think?" George asked, remembering and quoting Dream's words from a few weeks earlier. No response.

Dream dropped the subject, another thought already forming in his head. A half-smirk played on Dream's lips.

"So, George, where's your room again?" Dream chuckled.

George reddened. "T-there. But don't go in before I- DREAM!"

Dream had already pushed open the doors to George's room. A half-made twin bed was pushed to the corner of the room beside a closet. A messy desk took up most of the space. The walls were white and the floor a warm brown.

"...huh," Dream chewed at his lip. "It looks the same."

George scoffed as he pushed Dream aside lightly, flopping onto the mattress. "Yeah, what were you expecting?"

"I... don't know," Dream said, drawing the length of his words out.

He sits down next to George and gazed up at the ceiling. A comfortable silence sat between them. George suddenly became aware of how close they were. He could feel Dream's heart beat softly drumming against in chest. George's gaze drifted over to Dream and it traced over his features. Soft dirty-blonde hair that draped over his deep green eyes. George could see it. The stories behind those pretty green eyes. The familiarity of it all tugged at George's mind again, almost as if he was missing something.

"You're staring again, George."

"Sorry."

George ducked his head. His thoughts still swirled in an endless loop around the boy that sat next to him. George, stop thinking about Dream. Even though he's pretty. And amazing. And so so so gorgeous.

George groaned, curling up into a ball. What was wrong with him? Dream casted a worried gaze onto George. He sensed George's distress and wrapped his arms around the smaller boy without hesitation. George inhaled in a sharp breath. It was almost perfect. As if the smaller boy was made to fit into the crook of Dream's neck.

It was there when George realized that he had fallen for Dream. And then they slept, arms still draped over one another.