six

George

It had been a few weeks since.. the incident. Most of it had blown over, and George was feeling a bit more content with life and school. Mostly because he had been spending more and more time with Dream. Mother had been worried about it all, but George had explained everything. Mostly everything. He didn't explain how he felt about the pretty boy with the name of Dream.

"George, George, you listening?" Snapping sounds. Then another, "George?" Proceeded by more snapping sounds. "Hey! George!"

"W-what?" George's eyes refocused, and he found himself staring right into the eyes of his English teacher.

"What did I just say?" The teacher growled, staring daggers at George.

"I-I didn't hear, sorry," George mumbled, flipping at his textbook absently.

"Stop sticking your head in your dreams," the English teacher groaned, backing away. "Alright class, now flip to page 59-"Languages of Ancient Civilizations'."

A few short wheezes came from the table next to George. George turned around around to glare at the tall boy sitting next to him. Dream stifled another few wheezes as the teacher turned her back to write something on the dirty whiteboard.

What? George gestured at Dream with his hands. What's so funny?

Sticking your head in your "dreams", Dream mouthed, chuckling lightly.

George's cheeks flushed a hot red. He rolled his eyes and turned to face the board, scrabbling to write down all he had missed from the board. He missed a lot. Something sharp poked at George's elbows. George narrowed his eyes at the tiny folded slip of paper sitting beside his arm.

George looked up again to stare at Dream. Dream pretended not to notice, writing down on his notebook with fake interest. George huffed and unfolded the note, eyes beginning to scan Dream's scraggly handwriting.

Hey George, heard your head was in your dreams. Were you thinking about me? Also, in your dreams? Are you proclaiming I'm your property already? It's only been like, 3 weeks George. ;)

George scoffed and folded the note back up. He tucked it into his jacket pocket and carried on with writing down what needed to be written.

...

"George!"

George craned his neck towards the voice. Dream was speeding through the halls towards him, eyes bright. George cracked a wide grin, before realizing what he had done and shifted his lips back into a small smile.

"George, hey!" Dream neared George and folded onto him in an embrace. Dream struggled with the hug quite a bit from the heavy backpack dragging his shoulders down. George hesitated before wrapping his arms around Dream as well. Something fluttered in George's chest at Dream's gentle touch.

"What?" George asked, continuing his walk across the halls towards the main door.

"Are you free today to hangout?" Dream questioned, a large smile stretching across his face.

George hummed in thought. "Yeah, I think so."

"That's great!" Dream said happily, throwing his hands into the air. "There's a little coffee shop a few blocks away. We could go there!"

"I don't like coffee," George admitted.

"Is this a British thing? They have tea too," Dream laughed. George couldn't help but chuckle along with him.

"Tea is fine," George giggled softly. Curiously, Dream's face began to tint a light pink. George stared at Dream, eyebrows raised.

"Dream are you blushing?" George demanded. Dream's eyes widened in embarresment.

"No- it's just uh, cold," Dream stated, peering at George. "George, you're blushing too!"

George covered his face with a sleeve. "Am not."

Dream chuckled deviously. "Are you blushing because we're going on a date together?"

"W-whAT?" George spluttered, choking on his words. "DREAM!"

"Just kidding," Dream winked. "At least I think."