l o n e l y m o o n ▪37▪

I told you I don't feel like talking to anyone.
Most of the time when I say that, it's preceeded by an intense longing to talk to someone.
The keyword being - preceded.
I needed to talk at that time, the pain was excruciating, yet you didn't show up. Maybe you didn't hear my silent screams and didn't see my pangs of desperation, it's alright. We'll be fine.

What wanted to tell you is - if I get through something alone, I wanna go to the end of it alone too. I don't need your help now that I'm recovering and my mind is calmer and settled and not tossing and churning like the storm it was when I called out to you. It's nothing personal and I don't even hate you for this, think of my seclusion as an attempt at self respect - I wanna prove to myself now that I can go through all of this alone. Think of it as me being protective of whatever little progress I've made and not wanting to lay it out for others cause it ain't strong just now.
Bluntly put, I don't need anyone interfering in my walk on the long road to recovery when no one was there to direct me towards it.
I found it by myself and sure as hell will walk through it with myself too.

And now, it's morning and the dark night is over and though the Sun hasn't risen yet, and I even know that when it does, it will take time to adjust my eyes to the brightness.
Yet, I overcame the pain, I handled my darkest hour all by myself, and if you weren't there with me at that time, I'm not gonna share my sunrise with you.