That Stupid River

Percy smiled for the first time in what seemed like ages as he liked around. He was in the real world again, he was in control again.

"Are you okay?" Nico asked, standing in the doorway of their shared room. His smile faltered, "You look aware,"

"Nico, you won't win. You put me under the spell and I got out, you won't be able to put me under again," Percy glared.

"But the thing is,—" Nico smirked, "—You are forgetting that I have a promise you have to honor. If not you, well, you die,"

"What are you talking about?"

Nico just smirked. "I don't know, what am I talking about, Slave?"

Percy moved to grab him, but something within him told him not to. He had never like Nico before, but there was something there that wasn't there before.

"I told you, Percy. I have powers you don't understand at my will. You swore on the Styx, and there's nothing you can do about it. Now, come here Slave,"

Percy moved against his will to Nico, slipping his hand into the Italians and sitting down next to him with a glare on his face.

"Nico, that's not fair. You have to know this is a lie. If you've ever cared about me before, you would let me go and let me save you," Percy pleaded desperately.

"Now why should I do that? The feelings you have will only grow, and they are quite real. It's just they come from magic,"

"No, that's fake. Feelings—real feelings—come from a connection. From a moment you share with someone and it feels like everything else stops. It's what I have with Annab—"

"Stop!" Nico commanded. "Don't say her name. You don't love her anymore, Percy. You don't,"

Before Percy could say anything, Nico shadow traveled and came back a moment later with a giggling Annabeth by his side.

"O. M. G!" Annabeth squealed and ran up to a dumbfounded Percy. "You are like so hawt! Isn't he like so hawt?"

Percy glared at Nico but the Italian just smiled. "Oh did you forget I did that to her? The Annabeth Chase you know is gone Slave, so I would just forget about her,"

Then the flare of feelings kicked up again, like it had every time Nico said the word. He actually sounded kinda adorable when he said it, and he was nice to—what was Percy thinking?

"Oh don't stop that, the feelings are there for a reason, Slave. I can tell by the way you were staring at me it's working, but for you to be truly mine, I have to get rid of a little problem first,"

"Don't. Touch. Her," Percy growled, stepping in front of Annebeth.

Nico just smiled. "Isn't it funny how so much of that anger directed at me will change in a matter of seconds. Because slave, she wasn't the one you used to date. She wasn't the one you survived hell with. I was,"

"What are you talking ab—" Percy was cut off when Nico blew a white dust in his face. He blinked a few times before looking at Annabeth.

"Okay, I get I hate you because you've gone power hungry and all, but who the hell is this, Neeks?" Percy asked, pointing at Annabeth.

"Well I think you won't find that matters much longer, Slave. Now come here,"

With another flare of feelings and no 'Wise Girl' to stop them from flooding to his heart, Percy actually smiled for a moment as he walked forward.

THAT'S RIGHT! I'M NOT DEAD! I AM UPDATING BECAUSE WHY THE HECK NOT AM I RIGHD?