I'll See You On The Other Side

Percy woke up the next day, probably transported by the goddess of love herself. Nico was curled into his chest, and the two of them stayed that way, both internally debating.

"You know, Percy?" Nico murmured, not looking up. "I'm not sure if this is what I should do. I could've just had you. I could've change the memories and your feelings, and then you would've been enough,"

For a moment, Percy didn't know what to say. But of course, he completely forgot that he had to pretend to be under Nicos spell.

"Why wasn't I enough?" Percy whispered, head rested on Nicos. "Even if you had to use the magic, why did you go to the extreme?"

"The magic corrupts. I did it once, and then I wanted to do it more. I couldn't control myself. The only way I could have you was using the magic anyways, so this would happen no matter what,"

"You don't need to use magic, Nico," Percy said softly, openly wrapping his arm around the Italian. "I chose you no matter what,"

"Wait, what?" Nico stood up rapidly, completely aware of everything. "Your not under my spell, are you?"

"Completely aware," Percy shrugged. "And I chose you without the magic,"

Nico blinked a few times, but shook his head a moment later. "Wait what about Annabeth? You've always chosen her,"

"I'm sorry, who? I don't know an Annabeth,"

"Aphrodite. She took your memories. You visited her, didn't you? Oh dear lord, you visited her. Do you have any idea what she could've done to you?"

"Nico, I needed to help you. She's evil, she's corrupting you! There was nothing else I could do!" Percy yelled.

"Don't you think I know that!" Nico screamed back, hot tears streaming down his face. He opened his mouth to speak but then just stood there, completely relaxed.

"Nico? Nico, what's going on?" Percy asked frantically, worried and confused about what was going on.

A high pitched laugh cut him off and Aphrodite stood there. "Oh don't worry, Percy. He's perfectly fine, but you loving him was a real plot twist. I guess I just have to step in and do it myself,"

"What are you doing?" Percy glared.

Aphrodite waved her hand and a pink cloud rolled over Nico, turning his eyes pink as it disappeared. She just laughed as it all happened.

"What did you do to him?"

"Turned him how I wanted him, Percy. No more free will. If I can't have him take over camp by himself, I'll force him to act like I want. Now, all he cares about is you, Percy. And if you want to do anything to help him, all you have to do is look at him in the eyes,"

Percy made the mistake of looking at him in the eyes. For a moment, all he wanted to do was become a willing slave again, but Percy fought the temptation.

"Nico, please," Percy begged. "Don't do it. Fight it. I know you can,"

"Silence him," Aphrodite whispered in Nicos ears.

"Stop, slave. You swore on the Styx. Don't ever talk me out of this again. Don't even fight the spell, let it take over,"

The only way to save Nico, is to die at the hands of the Styx, Hazels words echoed in his head, like blood running through his body.

"No," Percy choked out. He fell to the ground, and it seemed to stir something inside of Nico. Nico ran over, but Percy just weakly smiled. "Nico, please. Snap out of it. Turn it all back,"

Percy leaned up and kissed him softly, one last time.

Then he fell to the ground, lifeless. The legend had died, the hero was gone, the savior wasn't there to save.

Nicos happily ever after was never to happen.