I Swear, Hazels The Real Hero Here

Nico was happy for the first time in what felt like ever. He had everything he had wanted, and this time there was no Annabeth Chase to take away his everything. Percy cared for him and only him, Annabeth couldn't change that.

Or so he thought.

Nico had made an agreement with the goddess Styx, destroying Annabeths old promise and changing it to something new.

The son of hades would rarely need to make food on her promise, not once he started taking out his anger. Annabeths hair was stringy and her skin was pale, blood soaked through her faded and torn camp half blood shirt.

Nico was walking with Percy when they passed through the dungeons for the shortcuts. Percy could hardly care about every one else trapped there, so it didn't worry Nico to walk through there.

Until now.

"Who's that?" Percys hand slipped out of Nico as he whispered, staring at the cell. The moonlight was streaming through the one window there was down there, illuminating the prisoner in a silver glow.

A word was on the tip of Percys young, mementoes stored there to. Did he know her? Why would Nico not have told him about her? What was that word, that name he knew?

Annabeth. Annabeth Chase. His Wise Girl. She was trapped, he was trapped. Both under very different circumstances, but by the same person.

Percy ran forward as Annabeth looked at him, feeling more like himself the moment he saw her as she should be. "Wise Girl!"

"Seaweed Brain?" Annabeth whispered back, eyes wide and wet with tears. Percy opened the door that had conveniently been open almost like this was a fanfiction and it was easier for the sake of the plot.

"Yeah, yeah it's me. Actually me. I'm so sorry," The two hugged tightly, crying softly as they smiled. As long as they were together, right?

"He's gonna call me slave again and I'm going to fight it but god with him anyways," Percy whispered. "Just remember it's an act. I won't let him hurt you. Escape tonight, please,"

"No, I won't leave you,"

"It might be your only option,"

Nico wasn't happy about their little interaction, but let the two talk, give Annabeth hope before crushing it again. "Okay, you've had your fun. Now come back to your master, Slave,"

Percy shook his head and closed his eyes before opening them and staring at Annabeth in confusion. "Uh, your not who I'm supposed to be talking to. Goodbye, sorry,"

But Percy snuck back down when morning fell. Nico was like an owl, never up during the sunshine. Percy looked to Hazels cell first.

"What am I supposed to do now? He has Annabeth!"

"I already told you, Percy," Hazel said softly. "The only way to stop Nico is to break through your promises. Even though you remember, he calls you slave one more time and your going to go back to loving him more and more. Because he forgot you would break out, he didn't plan for that. Well he did, and you will have to call him. . .it's too weird to even say. But you have to break through. I'm sorry,"

Percy nodded and thanked her once more. Hazel had helped thrice now, and probably would in more time.