Chapter 7

Your POV

     I noticed his blushing and gently trembling form.
I sighed and rolled my eyes, "Calm down, silly. We're not gunna do anything."
He slowly stops shaking, muscles relaxing. He was still blushing though.
"Listen, we're alone now and we need to talk seriously and stop pretending. They're right, it's obvious we have a thing for each other." I say.
He averts his eyes and stutters, "W-Well... yeah, you're right... a-and they're right too... I... I do love you."
I smile, blushing softly, "And I love you too, silly wolfie."
He smiles shyly at the nickname and he slowly looks at me, "A-Alright then, what did you need to talk about?"
I turn serious again, "Rascal knows what's up and he doesn't like it. Liiike, at all. When he took me to talk to him he was trying to scare me into cooperation. He also added that he would take away your privileges as my mentor if he thinks things go too far. He obviously thinks our feelings are a threat to the plan to revive Emperor Nogo."
Ulric stays silent, thinking.
He sighs and rubs the back of his neck, "Yeah, that's my fault.... He knows I rarely develop soft spots for people, and seeing me develop one for you has got him suspicious.... This doesn't have to do anything with you it's all on me..."
"That's not true," I say. "He obviously finds me a valuable piece to his game. He doesn't want me distracted either."
"Damn..." Ulric says, hand still on his neck. "Well then... we'll need to turn this into something that he would find beneficial."
I raise an eyebrow, "What do you mean by that?"
Ulric shrugs, "I don't know, I feel like he'd loosen up about it if it were somehow beneficial to his plan about the whole kidnapping thing. This is the closest we've become to... well... defeating the Glitter Force. He doesn't want to mess this up."
"Hm... ok... I see what you mean... Alright, ok then. You're right, we should try to do that." I nod, standing up straighter.
"...Do you have any idea as to how..?" He says, looking at me.
"Let's just keep on with my training, don't worry just follow my lead. It's probably gunna be cringy but hey, if it works it'll be worth the cringe." I say, shrugging.
"Alright, I trust you." He says, nodding at me.
"Ok then. Remember, Rascal's got an eye on us probably at all times. We gotta be aware of what we say and do." I say.
Ulric nods, and I nod back.
I turn to leave from his room, "Oh, uh, Ulric?"
I look back at him.
He looks up at me, "yes, dear?"
"Does this mean we're official?" I ask.
He blushes a bit before smiling, "Yeah, we're official."
I nod, smiling before heading out the door. I open the door but as I do so, I hit something that was in the door's path.
"What the- what? Oh come on! You guys!" I slump over, annoyed.
Brute and Brooha had been listening in.
I glare at them, sternly, "You two keep quiet."
They both nod aggressively before I walk into my room. Oh boy, things have really gotten crazy now. How am I going to work out returning to the girls now that I have connections in the Shadow Realm? God, I've screwed myself over... Maybe things will smooth out as time goes on..?