Chapter 9

Your POV

     "HEY!"
     We jolt from our embrace and turn to see...
oh no....
     Kelsey's voice was clear from where she was standing on the ground with the rest of the Glitter Force.
     Oh God... I think. Why now? Why today?
     "Ulric! You give us back our friend this instant you-" Emily stops to fully process the situation, "Wait a second... you and Ulric just now..." She puts a finger to her chin and stares at me thoughtfully.
     Oh God, it's gunna click.
     Emily and Lily jolt and say in unison, "WHAAAAAAAAAT???"
     Yeah... it's clicked...
     "Oh God..." April has a mix of disappointment, disapproval, and a hint of disgust on her face.
     "Please say this is a joke," Kelsey says at the two of us.
     There's a moment of silence in the air before Ulric and I totally freak out.
     "H-Hey! W-W-What's with those reactions!" Ulric says, his hands in front of him in defense.
     "Come on you guys... I don't even know how to feel about this... wait, please don't hate me please don't hate me please please don't!" I start panicking as I wave my hands in front of me.
     The two of us are flustered messes as random jumble comes tumbling out of our mouths.
     "It's not that bad!"
     "I-It's nothing to be freaked out over..!"
     "H-Hey! Don't look at me like that!"
     "Let us explain!"
     Emily, Kelsey, Lily, and April are all yelling things over each other and it was impossible to decipher everything they were saying. Some were questions, comments, disapproval, honestly that was all I could make out in the moment as I was falling to pieces with anxiety and nervousness.
     "EVERYONE, CALM DOWN!"
     A loud shout silenced the commotion we were making. We turned to the voice.
     Chloe walked in between Ulric & I and the rest of the girls, "I'm just as surprised as the rest of you, but we shouldn't be making so much of a commotion."
     "Sorry our reunion started off with this," I said awkwardly, scratching the back of my head.
     "Wait- so you two are for real?" Kelsey said, pointing a finger at the two of us in shock.
     Ulric and I glance at each other blushing before looking back at the girls with an awkward smile and shrug.
     "Huh... wow..." Kelsey said.
     "Wooow! What a romance! I can't recall a story where I've read about good in love with evil!" Emily was spinning around as if she were in a dream.
     "Yeah... good with evil..." April and Kelsey were exasperated.
     Lily was looking on with wonder in her eyes, while Chloe remained calm.
     I looked at Emily, "Hey wait, where's Candy?"
     She stopped spinning around, "Huh? Oh uh, she's at my house with a fever."
     "Aww, poor thing." I said. "Take care of her, 'Kay?"
     Emily nodded happily.
     "Uh, guys? Can we stop brushing off the fact that all this is crazy?" April said.
     "We haven't even transformed into the Glitter Force yet!" Kelsey said.
     Emily and Lily blinked, "Oh yeah- I forgot about that."
     Kelsey and April were just about done.
"No, wait." I say, and stop the flow of negative energy.
The gloomy atmosphere fades, and the people around return to normal.
Ulric's brows furrowed, "y/n, why did you do that? We need to collect as much negative energy as possible!"
I turn to him and put my hands on his arms and look him in the eye, "one turn of the wheel is better than none."
He frowns, but stays silent.
"Uh- thanks, y/n..?" Kelsey said confused as she and the rest of the girls put away their glitter pacts.
"Why'd ya do that?" April asked, tilting her head.
"Oh- uh- I just thought we had plenty of negative energy as it was!" I said a bit frantically.
     And I really don't feel like sitting through your guys' transformation process, I think to myself.
"Alright, since the problem of returning everyone to normal has been fixed, that brings us to the next objective," Chloe turns to me. "We need to get y/n back."
I flinch, and Ulric's teeth draw back in a snarl.
"Never gonna happen!" He growls.
"Come on, fleabag! Did you really think we'd let you just keep her?" Kelsey said.
Ulric hesitated before saying, "Uh, yeah."
Kelsey facepalms.
"Listen! It's great what you two have, but we  want our friend back! We can either do it the easy way or the hard way!" Emily says, reaching for her glitter pact again.
"She doesn't want to go back! She's happy where she is," Ulric sneered.
The girls halt in horror. Their faces covered in shock, "W-What?"
I flinch again. What was he doing? He was putting words in my mouth!
I was too scared to speak up. Instead I just look from Ulric to my friends with a look of dread and fear. They didn't believe him, did they...?
     Ulric continued, "Now, if you'll excuse us."
     Ulric took my arm and teleported us back to the Shadow Realm. The look of dread was still on my face. The girls had been too shocked to react. It wouldn't have mattered anyways, we were too fast for them to do anything.
I hope they don't think I've forgotten about them...
Ulric looked at me with an unreadable expression on his face, "I'm sorry I spoke for you."