Chapter Thirteen: Mortis

You sat in the Jedi-Cruiser next to Ahsoka, with Obi-Wan and Anakin piloting the ship. Anakin called Captain Rex on hologram to confirm they were there. After a brief exchange of words between the two, Anakin looks at Obi-Wan confused.

"Something's wrong. We're at the exact coordinates where the distress signal originated, but there's nothing here. Rex is at the exact same coordinates, and he's not here." Obi-Wan stroked his beard after hearing this.

"This is getting interesting." He finally responds. All of a sudden, Rex tried to get a word it, but his call began to break up.

"Something's blocking the signal." Ahsoka said while checking a computer. All of a sudden, the power to the ship cut, which caught everybody off-guard.

"Everything's dead. Even the life support." Ahsoka stated once again before standing up and approaching the main console. You we're looking out the window to see if there was a ship possibly jamming your systems, when you spotted a large diamond shaped figure. The ship's power suddenly came back on.

"There. See? Nothing to be concerned about after all." Obi-Wan said.

"Uh, guys." You finally spoke up while staring at the diamond figure. They all glanced at you, then looked to where you were staring, and finally noticed the figure also.

"What's that?" Ahsoka questioned before it started to pull your ship towards it.

"It's pulling us towards it." Ahsoka stated. You continued to observe the figure when it opened, revealing a bright light coming from the center of it.

"Everyone, strap yourselves in. It looks as though we're going for a ride." Obi-Wan instructed. You sat back down and strapped in. The light got brighter and brighter as you got closer to it. You finally woke up, still strapped into your chair on the ship.

"What happened?" You questioned.

"We must've blacked out." Anakin responded.

"Then who landed the shuttle?" Obi-Wan asked.

"Not me." Ahsoka answered. You got up and observed the surroundings outside while everyone else exchanged conversation. It was a relatively nice planet. There didn't look to be anything dangerous waiting for you guys outside the ship, which was a relief.

"Well, the ship's systems seem fine, but for whatever reason, nothing's working." Anakin stated. Ahsoka got up and walked out of the ship. You looked at Anakin and Obi-Wan before following behind her. Obi-Wan then followed after you and began scanning the area.

"Hey! I saw something. A reflection, up on the hill." Ahsoka exclaimed.

"I don't see anything." Obi-Wan responded. He continued to search the area with his binoculars.

"Did you hear that?" Anakin asked.

"I didn't hear a thing." You responded. Anakin quickly turned around, followed by Obi-Wan who was faced with a figure.

"Hello.." Obi-Wan greeted with hesitation.

"Who are you?" Anakin questioned.

"Are you the one?" The figure asked. You looked at Ahsoka with confusion and she just shrugged.

"Did you bring us here?" Obi-Wan asked. 

"I will take you to him." 

"Him who?" Ahsoka asked.

"He will explain everything. We must hurry. There is little time." She said before turning to lead your group. After a brief exchange of conversation, you began to follow her. While you we're walking, someone pointed out that the seasons change with the time of day. Just as this was brought up, you noticed the season change from summer to fall.