Chloe's First 'Family Meeting'

Violet fidgeted on Molly's bed in a short skirt and fishnet thigh-highs, one leg crossed over the other. Every so often she'd snap at someone, growing more impatient by the moment.

"Do you have more important things to do?" Gabe asked her from the doorway. If possible, he looked even more handsome than normal in a button-down shirt neatly tucked in, black pants, and black belt with a shiny buckle. His hands rested on his hips, eyebrows raised as if ready to smack her.

"Yeah actually, I have shit to do cuz my boss is a dick and gave me homework."

"Guys..." came Molly's exasperated sigh. "C'mon, no fighting. Toby claims he'll be here in a few minutes."

"Yeah, let's stay positive," Izaak said from his spot on the sofa next to me, stuffing his face with chips and salsa. "Tell us about your work."

As Violet rambled on about her life as a consultant investigator, I sank into my seat, ready for the awkwardness between Izaak and me to disappear. Our vibe had been weird since the morning after my last spanking when I complained to Toby about the paddling that awaited. Then when Toby suggested we talk out the fairness of my punishment with the 'family,' I didn't give it a second thought, figuring Izaak would veto the idea in a heartbeat. But he hadn't. And now here we were.

If I focus on being obedient, nothing too awful will happen, I told myself as my eyes scanned the area.

Molly's room was spacious, a converted den with a beaded curtain that she had opened wide for the meeting. Pictures adorned the walls: mostly candid snapshots with friends, some of her travels, and a poster of Peter Pan and Tinkerbell with yellow curvy script that read "never grow up." Underneath was her queen-sized bed with a ragged shamrock blanket that Violet picked at as she yammered on and on.

"Yo and I bet Clo could get these rich twats to say anything cuz she's so fuckin' hott. Receptionist shit ain't her thing... she should help me instead."

"Hey! Be nice!" Molly demanded from her fluffy green recliner across the room, throwing a pillow at her.

"See what I deal with all day? Where the hell is the doc?" Gabe glanced at his watch, then turned to Violet, licking his lips. "I need to punish this girl already."

Before anyone could answer, the buzzer sounded and Molly leapt to her feet, sprinting to ring Toby in, then unlocking the front door. Violet went back to playing on her phone and Gabe snatched it, nearly causing her to pounce on him.

"Behave," he ordered, stowing the device away on Molly's bookshelf.

Violet's face scrunched up in a scowl, but I could tell she had mixed feelings. She loved when he bossed her around. Working with them would be like a soap opera.

"Apologies for the late arrival, the train..." Toby's voice trailed off as he came inside Molly's room, first greeting Gabe with a handshake, Violet with an air kiss to the cheek (Mexican-style), and Izaak and me with a fist bump.

I scooted over to provide extra space for him to sit next to me, feeling light-headed when he did. His hair was spiked, and he smelled fresh, like soap and a dusting of cologne. He was dressed in navy jeans and a tight black t-shirt, cool casual. Even though I was annoyed Toby conned Izaak and me into attending the meeting, currently he just looked hott.

My heart stopped when Molly and Gabe came back with three straight-backed wooden chairs from the kitchen. They strategically placed the furniture so we were in a circle, and Gabe ordered Violet to come sit with us. "Always so bossy," she snarled, but obeyed.

Okay... so this is really happening...

From the recliner, Molly began the meeting... or whatever we want to call it. "After last weekend's fiasco, we had an intervention with Violet." She looked at Izaak and me, since we hadn't attended, then glanced at everyone else. "And it went so well that we figured it may be an interesting 'experiment' to see how effective community interventions are for behavior change..."