18 | LETTING GO

T/W: violence (NOT to the reader),
knives (not used to harm anybody, simply as a threat), mentions of murder (NOT to reader)
____________________________________

...

SIX MONTHS AGO

...

— BEING with the Dream Team was never something you had initially expected.

With the success of your Youtube channel, and the non success of your long-awaited face reveal, you truly believed you'd be on your own for the majority of your career.

Dream waltzing into your life opened up your eyes to the entire world that was out there waiting for you, and it was moments like these that made you realise just how much he meant to you.

Your quiet giggles fill the room you lay in, phone beside your head as you hold your stomach, small aches and pains as a result of your obvious content.

"Okay, okay- Kiss, Marry, Avoid: George, Sapnap, and Bad."

Your voice is a lot sweeter, a little higher - Filled with joy as you talk to your quickly arising favourite person in the world.

"What?! You can't ask me that!" Clay's voice booms into your very much broken earphones, a little crackly in some parts, which only ignites even more laughter from you.

"Why not? You asked me to choose between them too!" You reason back, resulting in both of you wheezing in laughter again.

A bang on your wall startles you, and you check the time, seeing it read four am.

"Sorry!" You call out softly to your neighbour, who doesn't respond, and you let out another quiet giggle. "You're making me wake up my neighbours, Clay."

"It's not my fault you can't stay quiet!" He rushes out, before calming down a little. "What time is it for you right now?" He asks, and you lazily flicker your eyes towards the clock.

"Four." You reply sadly, sighing as you stare up at your ceiling.

Clay shifts in his bed at your sudden change in mood, a pang in his chest. "You okay?"

You smile, looking towards your phone. Your eyes fixate on his contact photo, fingers tracing the outline of his chest, as well as Patches who sits happily on it.

"I'm fine. Just tired."

"Is something bothering you?"

His question is so innocent and caring, but you know he feels what you do.

What the both of you are too scared to talk about.

"Do you remember when you first started creating videos?" Your question comes out of no where, and Clay smiles a little.

"How could I forget?" He starts. "-I was so young back then, recording voiceovers for terrible gameplay-"

Another small laugh escapes your lips, as does his.

"I think it was easier back then... When we were nobody." You admit, your lack of sleep making you a little more honest than you intended to be.