★ 𝚠𝚑𝚎𝚗'𝚜 𝚝𝚑𝚎 𝚠𝚎𝚍𝚍𝚒𝚗𝚐?

#𝟝

requested by: imbeingsarcastic_

prompt: 3. Randomly walking beside each other and never met before EVER. One of them trips and the other catches them in a dip position. "When the wedding!?" Random person yells across the street.  That is how they first meet.

a/n: s o r r y for the slow update. I finished this request for my ibsf because she was feeling down 🥺

warning(s): none. very kid friendly.

☁︎︎✰☯︎︎

☁︎︎✰☯︎︎

The rain hummed in the background of the jazz music in the cafe. Hand selected by the manager. No one had a problem because he had great music taste.

The snaar of the drum was hit ever so lightly, an echo that kept the rest of the band in rhythm. The saxophone took the lead, playing the jazziest of jazz tunes. It's melody entrancing those who were alone and no one to talk to. That was the story for Jay.

He sat in a cafe he came way too often for anyone's convenience. The barista that usually took his order saw his depressed state, a frown growing on her face in result. She knew what he wanted and told him that she would cover it. He was so out of it to even protest. A watery smile was so small on his face that the barista almost didn't realize it.
She told him not to worry and to sit wherever and she'll bring the drink. Jay slumped in one of the many booths in the cafe. He crossed his arms in front of him, placing his head on it comfortably.

The barista walked over with his usual in a large cup. He never really got large but appreciated the sentiment. The auburn haired boy lifted his head to thank her. She nodded and walked away to take more orders.

Jay was immersed in the jazz music, enjoying how the sound of the rain splashing the pavement just brought everything together. Unlike his life. Not as stable as he thought. He needed a place to get away from everything, just needed to escape.
A loud sigh escaped his lips without thought, his fatigue catching up to him.

"Is this seat taken?" Jay looked up from his cup and his jaw dropped at the sight. The girl felt uncomfortable under his gaze and shifted awkwardly. "It's okay-"

"No, no! It's free," he confirmed in a hurry. His fear of her leaving right away showing its true colours. The raven-haired girl smiled and sat down, placing her stuff beside her. Jay noticed a planner sticking out of her bag.

"Are you a teacher?" He asked, his tiredness slipping away. She immediately looked at her planner that exposed her. Looking forward between the man she had decided to sit with when there were many seats in the cafe.

"Yeah," she responded finally. "Professor actually," she corrected herself.

"I'm a professor, too!" Jay chimed in delight, his mood getting better. Nya was a bit skeptical as she always was, but this man intrigued her at best. She also felt bad when she saw him moping with whatever drink he had. The eye bags that dragged his face by a bit, the eyes slit watching his cup.
Nonetheless, he was cute. "I'm a poetry professor. What about you?"

No one really asked her about her profession since most people assumed she was a sex ed teacher. Or when she did tell them, they never believed her. Sexist people.
"Mechanics." The way Jay's eyes sparked in amusement.

"I love mechanics!" He gushed. Nya was content, a tug on the corner of her lips formed upwards. Someone who didn't doubt her capabilities. "Poetry is my major but I have a business on the side."

"Does your place not pay enough?"

"No," he replied wistfully. "It's not interesting enough. I like my business but it doesn't do so well, but I love doing it. Sure the university pays, but I'm not as passionate about poetry as I was before. Lately, I have cars that are yet to be fixed and tests yet to be marked." Her brows came closer as she tried to unravel the man she has just met. It was a horrible place he was in.

"Maybe I can help."

"No way."

She got defensive. "Why not?"

"I just met you. I can't ask you." The wall of defence came down. It wasn't about her gender. For once.
Her face softened as she could feel the exhaustion pouring out. His posture, his face and his eyes; she saw it most there. Taking a piece of her lip into her mouth, pondering what to do when the barista handed her, her drink. Thanking him, she took a sip.

"I don't mind," she responded. His gaze slowly rested upon her, he sighed.

"I'll pay you."

Her head moved side to side a bit, indicating that she wasn't going to do so. "Put that money towards your business. Next semester," she started, turned towards her bag and rummaged through her bag, "maybe you can teach at my campus." She found what she was looking for and found the paper where it said they needed more teachers on her campus.
Who knew she would find one. Jay grasped the paper and slowly took it from her.

"Are you kidding? Yes!" He exclaimed after reading all of the details.

Nya's grin got wider. "You do have degree in it?"

He nodded. Even though he majored in poetry, he minored in mechanics and engineering. His smile dropped and he slowly looked up. "Thank you, really. You're doing so much for me. I- I don't know how to repay you."

"Lets just say: you owe me." Jay wanted to hug someone to release the adrenaline that pumped in his veins. Knowing he was going to invade her personal space, he resisted onto doing so.
The rains hum had come to an end and the two decided it was time to go back. They both parked beside each other, coincidentally and as they were walking there, Jay tripped and Nya caught him. The way she caught him was a dipped down position.
The one in dances n stuff. "Now you really owe me," she joked.

Someone from the cafe looked out the window and saw the majestic thing before him.

"When's the wedding?"

☁︎︎✰☯︎︎

"That's how I met your mommy," Jay finished talking to the large stomach before him. Nya tilted her book to look at her husband.

"As cute as I find this, the baby is not going to remember this."

"It's not about the story," he explained, "I want the baby to recognize my voice." He looked up towards Nya. He smiled as he leaned up to kiss her. She takes his lips onto hers for a sweet chaste kiss. He laid down beside her, resting his head on her shoulder, his arm around her stomach. "I'm glad I met you."

"Me too."

"Was not happy meeting your brother though. Still confused on why you never told him about us until we got engaged." He looked up with his brows furrowed. Nya blushed averting her gaze somewhere else.

"That's another story."