★ 𝚗𝚊𝚔𝚎𝚍

#𝟞

requested by: hydroelectricjaya

prompt: 8. Their rooms are right next to each other and once A was mad and punched the wall while B was naked. "Ah SHIT you're naked!"

a/n: this ended up being more wholesome than I wanted. Meh.
It's so funny how I'm writing what's happening and it drifts. Like, I can delete it and write it how it's supposed to, but I don't.

warning(s): nudity? Idk it's not
described, I promise.

☁︎︎✰☯︎︎

☁︎︎✰☯︎︎

Nya grumbled as she broke into her own hotel room. The corners of her mouth dragged down in a frown. Brows furrowed in frustration. Eyes blazing in fury.

The mission was a complete bust. They tried everything and yet they lost. They lost!
Nya took the most punch since she was so confident in having success. The feeling of triumph running through her veins as it pumped adrenaline. Instead, shame ran through her veins as it pumped frustration and disappointment.
She felt the urge to yell in her lungs, threatening to be let out. It was so tempting for her to just scream. Let go of everything.

And yet, she couldn't since she was in a hotel. Filled with a bunch of strangers. It didn't make it any better that her ex was next door while the rest of the ninja were on the other side of the building.
She had a ninja sense that it was on purpose but failed to have evidence that showed that her prediction was right. Things had been awkward between Nya and Jay.

Jay asked Nya to be her Yang and....she wasn't ready.

It was a big commitment to hold onto that kind of title. It was too much. A week later she realized that she wanted to break up with him. That stirred up more problems in the pot than Cole's soup.
She flopped onto her bed, but the adrenaline made her stand back up immediately. The mission was easy. Every aspect was easy.

Then how could they've messed up?

Let us say that Nya's guilt got the best of her.
During battle. Of all times that the remorse could build up and let itself out; it had to be while they were on the mission.
Not even the night before or an hour before they left.
The shame and regret just nagged her. A voice in her head just pinning the blame on her.

It started to be too much.

Then she let it out herself. By punching a wall that didn't belong to her. Punching the side that Jay was in.
She doubted her own strength for the first time and it was very bad timing as well. She punched the wall and saw a sight she wasn't supposed to see.

"Ah SHIT you're naked!" she covered her eyes right away. Jay let out the most high pitched scream he could muster, covering his lower area in fear. He had just gotten out of the shower, and the moment he dropped his towel, Jay got an unsurprised visit.

His eyes bulged out in shock to how she punched through the wall. Then again they weren't in a normal Ninjago city version hotel where the walls had wood and stuff.
They were in a ryokan. Everything was perfectly decorated in their culture.
The bed didn't have a frame but the mattress and blankets were extremely soft. They all had a living room to respectively drink tea. Most importantly a beautiful view out the balcony of the forest that was behind them.

Oh, and the walls were thin as fuck.

So he shouldn't be too surprised. "Why did you punch the wall?!" He questioned, his voice still high as the shock never left his system. Nya put her back flush to the same wall she punched so she didn't have to look at him any longer.
The image lingered in her brain, mocking her of how she turned down him.
That she broke up with him for no reason. That his abs would've been for only her to touch. His lips would've been for only her to kiss. His arms would've been for only her to cuddle and keep her safe in.

She lost it. All of it.

With all of this going on in her brain, back and fourth, she almost forgot to reply to the question that Jay deserved an answer to. "I- I was mad."

"Yeah, I see that," he replied sarcastically, while putting on his pyjama pants, slipping one leg in at a time. "About what?" It was kind of a dumb question but he was genuinely concerned. His voice softened as he asked because Nya wouldn't take her anger out on things that didn't belong to her.

Generally, Nya would've been defensive and would ask why he was so curious and stuff; but she didn't have anyone to vent to. To talk about how she felt.
Jay was there for her. Ever since their break up, he had given her space. The space she asked at the beginning of their relationship. The space he once ignored but now followed religiously.

"The mission," she confessed, her legs finally giving up from pacing around her large room. She met the floor, her back still against it. Her head lifted as the back touched the wall and her gaze was on the ceiling.

"Oh."

They didn't say anything after that.

☁︎︎✰☯︎︎

The next morning, the team was done with their stay. They did, however, had to pay for the damage. Wu apologized for Nya's actions and payed.
She was getting a heck load of training for a month.

Nya and Jay couldn't even look each other in the eye. The rest of the team wasn't oblivious to that fact.

"Say sis," Kai commenced, flipping his glasses up. Nya fastened her dragon to catch up to her brother. "When you punched the wall, did you punch through Jay's wall?" Mentioned boy's ears perked up at the sound of his name.

"If I heard that guy correctly, yeah, it was," Cole played along. Nya and Jay's face felt hot immediately.

"What did you see?"

"What're you talking about?" She played it off, her voice wavering and unconvincing.

"You two can't even look at each other in the eye," Cole laughed. "Was he naked or something?" He continued laughing and Kai joined in. The two didn't respond and their laughter died down. The master of earth's heart dropped.

"You...two?" Kai pointed between them two.

"I was joking!" Cole said. "Eh! It doesn't matter anyways, you guys are going to be newly wed anyways."

Again, silence.
Zane was the only one who knew of the situation. Reason why he put them in separate rooms and not together when choosing.
Jay didn't ask Nya to be his yang during battle. He asked when they were alone. Nya begged him to not tell anyone and he agreed and lied that they were getting married soon.

"Nya, what's going on?" Kai asked. He was suspicious about them not being in a room together when he noticed them both having a room card instead of just sharing.
His sister didn't reply and flew past everyone; including sensei.

"We broke up a few months ago. We didn't want to make a big fuss about it and lied about us being yin and yang."

"Jay," Cole reached out to Jay to comfort him, who followed Nya and flew past everyone.

Jay laid down on his back on his dragon, trusting that it would last for the duration of the trip.

"I knew you wanted to-" Nya spoke up.

"I don't care," Jay replied, closing his eyes as he soaked up the sun. "Even if we aren't together, you can still talk to me. I don't want you to bottle it up. Okay?"

She nodded. "Okay."