1

It was just a night with a friend, a commemorative event to reminisce the days Taehyung had shared with his childhood friends. It happened sometimes, an unexpected departure from a place you grew up with, the place you build your personality, build a memory with people, with elders teaching you about life, some are still unacceptable, but some are being normalized now.

Taehyung felt a part of heart become complete, fulfilled and with joy. A part of him still wishes those things are still the same. But when he came back to his hometown, the place was completely changed, the tree beside the pond, the big grass field is now filled with constructed houses and buildings, it wasn't how he left it.

But somehow he realized that things won't stay at it is, some things changed and its okay. But his heart felt this kind of longing from the past, the memories that was vanished as the years by, it's been seven years after all. he doesn't have anyone to blame for that, or why he has to find someone to blame.

When he got home, in his old room, the posters of his favorite Anime were still there, his toys he kept under his bed just so his Mom wouldn't see it because she threatened him she will throw it away because she is tired of cleaning his toys, its all still there. Perhaps, his place didn't change.

"I told Jimin you are here," his mom said, as she was cutting vegetables and was preparing for lunch.

Taehyung stood at the countertop, watching his mom chopped the vegetables, "how was he? Haven't heard of him anymore."

"He's good, got into college with your other friends. He visits sometimes," she said, "you should go and meet them."

Taehyung just nodded, well in fact, he don't know what to do, or rather how he will approach them, its been half of decade without seeing his friends, probably they have already changed.

Meeting his childhood friends are still an 'will-do-but-scared-to' task for him. What if it is awkward? Namjoon is the only person that he can talk to without any awkward atmosphere since they always talk on the phone ever since he left the place, and he didn't know if Namjoon is available at the moment .

Taehyung takes the advice of his mother and went out, to see the place again, but then, he didn't get too much into thinking the loss of his childhood memories, some things have to stay in the past.

He walks around, with an excitement yet nervous feeling in his heart. He didn't know what to do when he saw Namjoon by the gate of their backyard, with a smile on his lips and a prominent dimple on his cheeks.

His lips creeps into a smile when Namjoon walks to him and hugs him tightly, one arm around his waist and the other hand on his shoulder. Taehyung returns the hug and snaked his both arms around Namjoon's torso.

"I missed you," Namjoon whispered. And that sinks in, Namjoon has been very close friend to him ever since then. But maybe, their bond became strong when Taehyung left. They talk more on the phone, there is no night they didn't talk.

Namjoon has been very kind, caring an d gentle to him, even when he came out of the closet, Namjoon was there to support him, an dperhaps, there is a glint of something they didn't talk about anymore. Taehyung is so thankful Namjoon was there when he came back and even talk to him the night before he arived, to tell him some things, make him aware, tell him about certain things that has changed, and maybe that is why he isn't surprised anymore when he came back.

"Yeah, I missed you, too. We've just talk last night," Taehyung said and hit Namjoon on his side lightly.

"But still, it's different from having you personally," Namjoon said. "seems like your on your way out?"

"Yeah, mom told me to meet you," Taehyung said, Namjoon nodded and goes by with Taehyung, walking side by side.

"How was your day? Do you feel excited? Nostalgic?" Namjoon asked.

"I'm good, I kinda feel nervous being back here and a lot of things really changed, so..."

"By the way, we are having fun at Yoongi's place, you wanna come? Jimin and Jungkook will be there,' Namjoon said, and as it is, when his name came out of Namjoon's lips, his heart skipped a beat.

He hasn't heard of him anymore, Jungkook, he hasn't heard of him from anyone, it was just there is no farewell at all. They just didn't talk out of a sudden that made Taehyung wonder why, why they didn't talk anymore.

"yeah, sure," Taehyung agreed.

"Cool, so I'm picking you up later?" Namjoon asked, looking at Taehyung.

Taehyung nodded with a smiled, and the excitement becomes real.