6

The morning came, it was cold yet warm, an arm around his waist, someone’s chest in front of his face and heavy breathing coming out from the guy hugging him. His  eyes hurt from the light coming out from the window, and perhaps his back too, he didn’t notice that they sleep in the couch. Taehyung was nervous, he didn’t know if he should wake up Jungkook or wait for him to wake up.

And what if he already wakes up? Maybe Jungkook already forgot it? But they did kiss, and he cannot go back in time to stop himself anymore, here he is anymore, drape with someone’s arm, around his waist, a guy sleeping next to him, in the small space of the couch.

Yes, sure, they kissed, and so what? Taehyung just sucked it up, what if everyone finds out they went out, they kissed and most probably they sleep together in a small fucking couch, and Taehyung cannot handle that second hand embarrassment.

He should wake up already, or rather, stand up and leave already. Before even Jungkook wakes up see him and they will remember what happened last night.

So he collects all the courage he has and removes Jungkook’s arm around his torso slowly, not trying to wake up the guy, and when he successfully removed Jungkook’s arm, he slowly pushed his body upwards and lift his  body slowly, standing up in the carpet, looking for his  phone.

The sun was already at dawn, and most importantly his head hurt. When he was about to leave, Jungkook wakes up, coming his hair with his fingers and looks at Taehyung.

Taehyung didn’t know what to do at the moment, so he just said, “hi?”

“Good morning to you, too,” Jungkook smiled and sat up, blinking his eyes for a few times to get sober from the sleep.

“Yeah, good morning,” he murmurs.

“You are leaving?” Jungkook asked, wiping his face.

“I-- uhmm, I am…” he said.

“Wait, I’ll bring you home,” Jungkook stood up.

“No, you don’t have to… uhm… Namjoon will pick me up,” Taehyung said. He can’t look at Jungkook’s eyes so he looks around the room, just not in Jungkook’s eyes.

“Namjoon…” Jungkook whispered, “yeah, I remember.”

Taehyung’s heart race, he looks at Jungkook, who is smirking, and he just ran out of words when the word remember and the name of Jungkook was mentioned. Hell, yeah, it was awkward. The guy who he had been looking after for 7 years ago kissed him, they’d kissed, Jungkook confessed to him last night, he remember that and he wish he didn’t because this Jungkook is now different. He is now more sure of things, he is now mature, he can decide things already, true to himself and to others, honest and most probably, he can’t lie. He is not the Jungkook who is shy, introverted and dependent on them, he changed now, and that what Taehyung fears, Jungkook who likes him, or maybe more than that. And  he can’t reciprocate those feelings, he also don’t want to hurt Jungkook. He already made a promise to Namjoon and he fucked it up.

“I’m sorry,” he whispered.

“Why are you sorry?” Jungkook asked.

“I don’t know, I just--”

“Because we kissed? We didn’t kiss, we made out,” Jungkook pointed out and more specific.

“I-- Jungkook, you know what--”
“I am sorry, too. To you and most importantly to Namjoon. He’s been talking about you ever since you left, there is no day he didn’t talk about you, how he likes you, or how much he loves you, and I felt so guilty because  all those time he told me that he loves you, I am also in love with you, and you knew even before that I like you, but you left, and time didn’t let me to tell you all those feelings I still have for you,” Jungkook inhales, he looks back at Taehyung. “I felt so guilty that you and Namjoon already has something in between yet I kissed you, I did tell my feelings for just like what I am doing right now.”

“Jungkook--”

“Let me have this, I didn’t know when I can still talk to you or when I can still see you, because, Taehyung, I didn’t know you anymore,” Jungkook said.

“I’m sorry, I fucked it up,” Taehyung mutters.

“”No, don’t be sorry. This is all my fault, I shouldn’t have kissed you. I shouldn’t have asked you out in the first place,” Jungkook sighs.

“Don’t blame it to yourself. You didn’t do something wrong,” Taehyung said. “Maybe, I should leave.”

Jungkook looks up at him for the last time and nods. And Taehyung couldn’t also help it and he walks towards to Jungkook and hugged him.

Taehyung left, with his heart heavy and confused. He got back to his house quickly when Namjoon  picked him up and he didn’t even say a single word and just ‘thank you’ for bring him back at his house.

He ran to his room and locked himself up. Hiding under his blanket, confused and hurt at the same time. And he wish, he can figure it out as soon as possible. There are two people who’s gonna get hurt.