Chapter Twenty-Five

Even though I had told Meg that I was in love with Sean and Drew I quickly shook that notion away. It made no sense. How could I be in love with two men? You can't love two people. Right?

I stepped off of the elevator and headed down to my office. I had barely settled in before Cassidy stepped through my open door. My heart dropped when she slowly pushed the door closed behind her and turned to look at me with a solemn look on her face. What could she possibly have to say now?

"Good morning, Cassidy," I said, plastering a smile on my face.

"Morning Jade. I just wanted to check in." My brows arched. "I noticed that the twins weren't in daycare. I just wanted to make sure that everything was okay."

"Everything's fine. They're with their fathers."

The moment the words left my mouth I cursed myself.

"They're fathers?" Cassidy asked, catching on.

I figured I could try to explain the entire thing to her but after our last conversation I decided against it. Cassidy had made it clear that she nor anyone else in the firm approved of my spending time with two men. There was no way I was going to elaborate and give them more fuel for the fire.

"The girls came down with a little cold and I thought it would be best if they didn't go to daycare and spread it."

"Oh. That's probably for the best." Cassidy remained rooted in place and I could see the questions she was dying to ask playing across her face. "I hope they feel better," she said after clearly deciding not to push the issue. She provided me a weak smile and promptly turned and left my office.

I left out a sigh and settled in at my desk. After sending Drew a quick message to check up on the girls. I buried myself in contracts.

Drew had called me the night before to let me know that the girls were sick. He and Sean had kept the girls for the weekend and were planning to bring them back home. Since I had clients I had to deal with and couldn't put them off, I agreed to let them keep the girls. They had no experience dealing with sick kids and I had been hesitant, but they had convinced me that they would be okay.

While part of my mind was on work, the other part was with the girls. I sent frequent texts to make sure that they were okay. I spread myself between the two until I had to completely focus on work and get to court.

When I was finally able to pack up and head out, it had gotten pretty late. I checked my phone and say that I hadn't received an update from Sean or Drew in hours. The last message was one I had sent before court, in the afternoon.

I immediately began to worry. I grabbed all of my things and headed out of the office. After agreeing that it was okay for the girls to spend time with Sean and Drew at their place, I made sure to remember their address. I had never had to use it until tonight. I got into my car and drove over to the building that held their penthouse.

I tried to call both Sean and Drew once I arrived in the lobby to let them know that I was there. I got no answer from either of them. The guard sitting at the desk eyed me.

"Can I help you?" he asked, his deep baritone voice vibrating off the walls.

"Um, I'm here to see Sean and Drew," I said. His eyes squinted at me. "Um, Sean Day and Drew Singer."

"I know who they are."

"My daughters are-"

His eyes widened and he cut me off. "Ms. Jackson. Go on up. Top floor."

My eyes bulged for a moment at the sudden change in his demeanor. I thanked him and headed to the elevator. When I got to the top floor there was a single door. I walked over and knocked. There was no answer and I was starting to regret my decision to let them keep the girls. All types of thoughts started to run through my mind. I knocked again and just as I was about to take my phone out and call Meg or 9-1-1, the door creeped open.