Chapter 1

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Let’s hit the rewind button, back to middle school. 

After elementary school, Bakugou Katsuki, former friend of Izuku’s, started telling rumors about Deku. Some rumors that stuck around for a while and ones that died within weeks. Then after the rumor telling, he went on to tease him and torment him. But never, never once had Izuku thought that Bakugou would ever do any physical damage.

Well, here we are, in the stairwell just after school. Like most days this stairwell was fairly full of students, but that day, it was deserted, except of course Katsuki and his friends. 

Izuku hit the wall hard, causing him to gasp.

“Kacchan please stop, I have to get home…”

Katsuki laughed and moved closer to Deku. “Why, to suck your boyfriends dick?” Izuku shook his head furiously, embarrassed by what he had said. The other students started to chuckle behind Katsuki only edging on the man. 

“Stop Kacchan, I really have to go.” Izuku said, trying to get past the aggressive man. This triggered Kastuki, was he trying to act stronger than him. Katsuki pushed him against the wall, more aggressively this time, startling Deku. 

“Don’t test me Deku.” He growled lowly, at this point even his friends were scared. Deku nervously looked down, scared by what he was going to do next. But when the silence only grew, Izuku inched his head up. Once they made eye contact, Bakugou punched the wall next to Izuku’s head. Deku flinched and averted his eyes.

The silence was interrupted by Deku’s phone ringing in his pocket. Izuku dug his phone out and just as he did, Bakugou slapped the phone out of his hand. Deku sighed watching it skid across the floor. “Okay, I really have to go Kacchan, let me-” Bakugou swung his fist at Deku’s face bursting his nose open, splattering blood all over himself. 

Izuku fell to the floor holding his nose and groaning in pain. The laughter of Katsuki’s friends seemed to echo through Izuku’s head as the shear ring in his ear grew louder from the punch. He saw Katsuki bend over to his face and smirk, still hearing the ringing he couldn’t make out what Bakugou had said to him.

Izuku watched them walk down the stairs and out of sight. 

    He sat there for what seemed like hours, holding his nose in pain and rethinking all that happened. The look on Katsuki’s face as he punched him and the taunting laughter of his friends. It made him feel like such a loser not being able to defend himself, not being able to fight back even if it was just with words. 

    “I really am worthless aren’t I?”

    “Oh my goodness, sweety are you okay? Who did this to you?” Inko exclaimed when Deku walked through the door. She was referring to his bloodied nose and now bruise that had surrounded it. He sighed and hung up his coat on the rack.

    “Mom I’m fine.” Deku stated as he tried to walk past her. She placed his hands on his shoulders and held him there.

    “You certainly don’t look fine. What happened?” She asked again. He rolled his eyes at her and shook out of her grasp.

    “I ran into a wall.” 

    Deku made his way up to his room, which was the first door upstairs. He turned into his room and set his bookbags down. Then finally he flopped on his bed stomach first. Emotions that he suppressed through the day slowly began making their way to him. As he hugged his pillow under his chin, his eyes began to swell with tears. 

    “Why is my life so fucked up.”

~~~~~~

    “Why is my life so fucked up.”

    Izuku was hidden in the closet after he heard knocking at the door. He didn’t know what to do so, high on adrenaline he ran to the closet. With his ear up against the door, he began to listen in.

“Inko? Izuku? Are you guys okay?” He heard Mitsuki call out. They were slowly making their way to the kitchen where the body was laying. His heart was beating faster as the footsteps got closer and closer. And then a god awful screech rang through the house as Mistuki screamed. It almost sounded like she was the one getting brutally murdered. 

Curiously, Deku peeked his eye through the crack of the door to look. Mistuki was kneeling by Inko screaming, while Katsuki was calling the police next to her. He seemed horrified, Izuku never saw his eyes this wide before. It made him smile, it made him want to laugh non stop. It made him want to gauge out those ruby red eyes of his and preserve them as a souvenir. 

Once Bakugou got off the phone call, he helped his mom up and directed her out of the house. Izuku hurried out of the closet and looked out the window. Katsuki and his mother were outside sitting on the porch. Izuku sighed and silently made his way to his room. He got his backpack and began to pack up some clothing, essentials, and even made his way to the kitchen to pack some food. 

He made sure to get his wallet and steal his mothers money and credit card. He would need it. He also grabbed her car keys, he would come back later to get her car. 

With all this packed, Izuku looked back at his mother. “I’m sorry mom.”

~~~~~~

“I’m sorry mom.”

    It was after dinner and Inko was washing the dishes.

    “I was tired and not in a good mood.” He said as he looked down.

    She sighed and turned around, flinging the drying towel over her shoulder. Inko took his cheeks in her hands and looked him in the eyes. “You don’t have to apologize to me for something like that.” She said. “I totally understand. Now would you like to go out for ice cream?” 

    Izuku smiled and nodded his head. “Yeah, sounds great.”

~~~~~~   

    “Hey excuse me, do you know where the nearest motel is?” 

    Izuku began heading towards the Motel, he needed a place to stay now that he was on the run. He figured he might live there for a while, but he had no idea where to go next. He was supposed to be a freshman this year, but now, well he can’t now that he murdered his own mother. There goes his dream of being a hero.

    The streets were pretty empty, considering the time was pretty early. About 9 p.m. Colorful street lights reflected off the streets, creating a light glow that was kind of mesmerizing. It calmed down Deku’s racing heart. Even with the sidewalk being completely empty, he wasn’t scared at all like he was before. Now it was relieving. 

    It was relieving and it made him feel great. His eyes sparkled and a smile grew on his face. He began laughing as he skipped around in circles, arms flailing in the air. “I feel great!” He yelled down the streets, hearing it echo back at him. He’s never felt so free before in his life. This moment reminded him that he was living. “I’m free!” 

~~~~~~

    “Can I get a large chocolate chip cookie dough in a waffle cone?” 

    Inko and Izuku were outside, sitting at a picnic table across from each other. Inko was licking her ice cream while Izuku was staring up at the sky. He was watching the stars pop up as the sun was starting to set.

    “Can I ask you a question?”

    Inko stopped licking her cone and looked at Izuku, who was still focused on the sky. “Yeah of course.”

    “What would you do if your friend started picking on you?” Izuku asked. 

    This left Inko confused and concerned for her son. She hummed and looked at the sky as well. “Well, I would try to defend myself. And maybe even pick at them too? To be honest there’s really no right answer to that.”

    Izuku smiled and looked at her. “If there’s no right answer, then why do I keep looking for one?” 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Thank you for reading!
Have a great night/day
Byeeeeeeeeeeee