The Boys Dorm

"And here is the Fat Lady. You have to say the password and then you'll be let in to the Gryffindor common room. Mandrakes." The Fat Lady portrait opened up and the others pretended to be in awe of the common room (except for Luna who was actually fascinated seeing as she used to be in Ravenclaw).

"Up these stairs is the girls dorms and up there is the boys dorms. Boys, you should probably pay attention to Remus, because he's the only responsible one." 

"Hey!" 

"Oh yes, and Frank too.  Anyways, we'll see you guys in the morning. Hermione, Ginny, Luna, follow me."

In the boys dorm:

"K, see ya Frank!" yelled James.

"Well, welcome to our dorm, the Mauraders. I carved it into there, seeing as we were the only ones in the dorm... but" started Sirius.

"Don't worry, we should leave by the end of the year, so it'll be fine. We won't intrude too much anyways." said Harry.

"Ok, so let's talk. We should probably get to know one another," said Remus.

"Oooh yeah, so which girls are you interested in?" asked Sirius. Remus smacked him on the back of the head with a book. 

"Seriously? That's all you can think of talking about? What about 'which classes do you like,' or 'how you're liking Hogwarts?" said Remus.

"Well, in my defense, you can learn a lot about a person based on what girls they like." The others just started laughing.

Remus was still observing the new students. He wasn't necessarily suspicious, but something about them seemed a bit off. Like they knew more than they were letting on. He could tell that Harry was sending a lot of glances at Peter, and wasn't as friendly with him. It was strange, because the guys seemed pretty nice. Why would they judge someone they never met before? Harry also looked a lot at James, but not in the same way as Peter. He often flicked between James and Lily with a knowing look in his eyes. Again, like he knew something else that nobody else did. And then there was the scar. It seemed to be something bigger than a 'spell error'. He also had a heavy look in his eyes, like there were a lot of painful things in his past. Remus could only hope that things would be okay for him at Hogwarts.

"Yeah, it's fine. I had a girlfriend earlier this year, but we broke up because of reasons. Don't like anyone yet though."

"Cool, if you want to know, you can't date Lily, she's mine. She doesn't know it yet, but she does love me and eventually I'll get her to go out with me."

"As if, you've been asking her since 3rd year. She thinks you're an arrogant toe-rag!"

"Shut up Sirius!" said James as he threw a pillow at him.

"Don't worry, I wouldn't dream of dating Lily," said Harry. There was that knowing look again! This time, he shared a glance with Ron and they started cracking up. The others had no idea what in the world the guys were laughing at, but pretty soon, Neville apparently caught up and started laughing as well. Everyone was pretty confused.

"Sorry, uh, it's just like a funny inside joke. Anyways, everyone pretty much knows that Ron and Hermione love each other -"

"We do not! She's an annoying know-it-all!"

"Yeah sure, keep telling yourself that. It's really just a bet on when it happens, but we know this. It's definitely going to take some sort of life-threatening event for that to happen."

"And what do you mean by life-threatening event?" asked Remus.

"Oh just every other week for Harry," said Ron with a smirk.

"Shut up," said Harry.

"Well, he is kind of true. How do you always get yourself into those situations? Actually, I don't want to know. This was the first time I got brought into one. I can't imagine what life is like for Ron and Hermione," said Neville.

"Oh, it's just this sort of thing every other week! Like I said," said Ron.

"So, are you going to tell us what the life-threatening situation thing every other week is? Because I would love to get in on the adventure," said Sirius.

"He can't be serious, can he?" asked Peter. Harry shot him a mean glare, which was even more confusing. Why does Harry seem to hate Peter so much?

"I'm Sirius."

"Ugh, we know. But you aren't serious, right?" asked Remus.

"Oh no, totally not. Ron is just overdramatic, that's all," said Harry and he set a meaningful glance at Ron.

"Anyways, maybe we can ask some better questions than what Sirius asked. So, how did you guys meet and what classes do you like?"

"Well, um, Hermione and I are siblings and our parents are old family friends with the Walters. We met Neville and Luna during our homeschooling lessons. I like DADA the most, for sure. You guys?"

"DADA is fun, I don't really have any favorites in particular, though," said Ron.

"I really like Herbology, but I'm complete trash at any of the other subjects, especially potions. I'm terrible at potions."

"No, you aren't Neville, you just needed a better teacher. Anyways, what about you?"

"Transfiguration. Minne loves all of us, but especially me. I'm her favorite, of course."

"He meant Professor Mcgonagall by the way. I like DADA too, but I'm pretty decent at the other subjects too," said Remus.

"Same, I love DADA, but classes with Minnie are the best."

"I'm not really good at the other classes so I don't really know."

"Yeah, well sorry to burst your bubbles, but Harry is the king of DADA. He tutored all of us for the past year and he was amazing."

"Stop it, Ron."

"But you really are ama-" Ron now had a sock in his mouth.

"Sorry about that. I'm tired so I think I'm gonna get some shut eye. Good night."

That was quick. Harry really didn't seem to like to talk about himself. It was pretty late, however, Remus decided he would find out more about Harry eventually.