Spending Time in the Past

Meanwhile, in the common room...

Remus: So, what do you think of the new students?

James: They seem nice. Harry's awesome, don't you think?

Sirius: Yeah, I like that Ron guy. He seems a lot like me.

James: Not really, I think you guys are very different.

Peter: I don't know, both Harry and Ron don't seem to like me very much. Neither does Hermione or Ginny.

Remus: Mhm, why are they so cold to Peter?

James: I don't know, but -

Remus: Don't you think that they're a bit.. I don't know...

James: What are you getting at?

Remus: Well, don't you notice how they seem to have a lot of inside jokes? And -

Sirius: Well, obviously, Moony. They were homeschooled their whole life with each other. Of course, they have some inside jokes.

Remus: Yeah, well they sort of just popped in out of nowhere, has Hogwarts ever had exchange students?

James: I'm not sure, but if you want to do a whole research project on the Grangers, Walters, Longs, and Londons, then go ahead. I don't see the need.

Remus: What about Harry? He looks so much like you!

James: I know, isn't it cool? It's almost like I have a twin!

Remus rolled his eyes and sighed.

Remus: You know what, maybe I will do a research project. There's something wrong about them.

Meanwhile, Lily came to the same conclusion. Both Lily and Remus were about to head to the library when the group of 6 walked into the common room, but were bombarded by the others.

Lily: Hey! Where were you guys?

Hermione: Oh, we were just looking around the castle, it's so big!

Lily: I know, right? Have you finished your homework yet?

Hermione: Oh Merlin! I can't believe I forgot!

Ron snorted.

Ron: Hermione? Forget homework? What has the world come to?

Harry poked him in the side, nonverbally warning him to not make any more inside jokes.

Lily: No problem, do you need any help with it?

Hermione: Oh no, I'll be fine. I'm just going to go to the library and -

Lily: Do you know where the library is?

Hermione: Oh, y-yes, we found it earlier today.

Lily: Alright, though I was actually just heading there so I'll come with you.

Hermione smiled.

Hermione: That sounds great! Ginny, Luna do you want to come with us?

Luna: No, I think I saw some whakspurts up by the astronomy tower. I'll join you later.

Lily looked at Hermione with a confused look and she responded with a look that said 'I'll tell you later'.

Ginny: Harry, Ron, and I were just heading down to the Quidditch pitch. We were actually going to ask James and Sirius if they wanted to join us? Or Marlene, Hestia, Dorcas, or Mary if they play.

Remus: I'm sure James and Sirius will want to play. I'll go get them. Lils, mind if I come to the library with you both?

Lily: Sure, I think Hestia and Dork were walking somewhere, Marlene's in the dorms with Mary talking about Witch Weekly, and I think Frank took Alice on a date or something.