CH 10: Come In

"So what the hell was that about?!" Aunt Candy started the car and we started driving back home.

"Look, Mandy have been trying start drama with me." I said as I looked out the car window.

She sighed.

"Look, you're lucky I'm not far away and you're also lucky that this was my last day of my business trip....I'm sorry for slapping you too.... but you know you can't do these things."

"I know.."

"Your parents would've been so disappointed in you."

"Don't you dare bring my parents into this!" I snapped at her.

"I don't know who you think you're talking to young lady but I'm not going to put up with this disrespectful attitude from you!" She snapped back.

"Ugh." I rolled my eyes and continued to look out at the window.

We both stayed silent until she broke the silence.

"Why don't you ever cry..?" Aunt Candy asked in a calmer tone.

"Why, do I need to?" I responded back.

"Well, I smacked you across the face and you just got into a fight so sort of?"

"I can't cry, I haven't cried in years."

"It's kind of concerning how you just don't ever break down and have a good cry."

"I don't know.."

Me and her drove up into the driveway and I got out and ran to my room while slamming my bag on the floor.

Aunt Candy knocked and came into my room afterwards.

"Look, Billie." She sat down next to me on the bed.

"Im not angry at you... just why can't you be a good kid?"

"I am! I try to be!" I stuff my face inside of my pillows.

"Well try harder.." she face palmed herself.

"Look, how about we take this week to reflect okay?"

"Yeah whatever."

"Excuse me?"

"Yes ma'am."

"That's what I thought.. you're grounded for the rest of the week."

"Of course.."

"That means no TV, no music, no friends over... if I see you doing any of those things I swear to you, you will regret it."

She exited my room and closed my door.

I rolled my eyes and began to unpack my bag.

"She knows damn well I'm probably going to break one of those rules." I put the clothes on my bed and got out the gifts Johnny gave me and put them on the drawer along with the picture of me, Jimmy, and Pete.

I started to fold my clothes and put them away until I heard a few pebbles thrown at my window.

I looked out to see Derby with a thermos.

I opened up my window.

"Derby I can't hang out right now, I'm grounded until next Sunday."

"Come on I brought some spiked horchata, your favorite and I heard what happen and.. uh, just let me in please."

"Oh damn...."

I thought for a moment.

"Well.. fine.. come on."