is this love?

The wind was unexpectedly chilly that night, and Jungkook was thankful to have worn a jacket to their “date”. Yes, a date. Because Chaeyoung had decided to give him a chance.

“I don’t know what exactly I feel about you, but just the thought of losing you kills me. I want to know, I want to make sure what it is that I have for you. So, I decided to give you a chance.”

Jungkook isn’t offended that Chaeyoung is only using his feelings for her to confirm her own. To be honest, he can’t ever be genuinely mad at her. Call it his weakness, he doesn’t care at this point. Because how can he care about something so trivial when Chaeyoung is right beside him admiring the view of Seoul city on the other side of the Han river right now, looking effortlessly beautiful. She looks absolutely gorgeous, Jungkook thinks. The city lights sparkle in her warm brown eyes which seems to be holding so many thoughts right now. Jungkook wonders what lies beyond those sparkling eyes. He wonders how she can hold him so captive and so on edge even after so many years. He loves this feeling though, he doesn’t want to let it go.

He wonders if she feels the same thrill, the same excitement he’s feeling right now. He wonders if he’s able to make her heart race like she’s making his own, if she wants to get closer to him because the wind keeps brushing against her. Jungkook thinks he’s in some cheesy shoujo manga right now, because everything feels a hundred times more magical with Chaeyoung.

“Kookie…” Chaeyoung’s sweet poison of a voice broke Jungkook’s thoughts and he realised he’s been staring at the side of her face for too long. He shook his head and looked forwards, where the water reflected the sapphire moonlight.

“Yes?” He asked.

“How did you fall in love with me?”

Jungkook looked back at Chaeyoung— she was still looking towards the city.

“I’ve always been in love with you.”

Chaeyoung now looked back at him, and their eyes met. Jungkook could sense something lingering in those chestnut eyes of hers, but he was too afraid to ponder about it— because he had a feeling that he wouldn’t like what laid beyond those curious little orbs.

“How did you even know about it? What made you realise it?” She asked. Jungkook took a moment to gather his thoughts. It’s not that he could ever forget that moment. It was one of the most beautiful memories of his life.

“During the talent show, when you were singing.” Jungkook answered.

“Really?” Chaeyoung seemed to be surprised by his answer, and he thinks that she’s maybe way too ignorant for her own good or he’s just a very good actor. It’s definitely the first.

“Really.” Jungkook said, as he moved his whole body to face her, and she followed suit. “I got there just on time, and you were already on stage. I don’t remember much of the actual event. But all I remember is seeing you with your guitar, singing one of our favourite songs, and it just… clicked.”

“Clicked?” She repeated, tilting her head questioningly.

“Clicked.” Jungkook confirmed, smiling softly at her. “I think it was when you sang the high note. I’m not sure what triggered in me, but I knew I wanted to be with you forever— being more than just friends.”

“Jungkook…” The unexpected sound of his real name from her lips alarmed Jungkook a bit. He noticed her looking at her feet, hands playing with the hem of her skirt.

“Are you okay?” He asked, sirens going off like crazy in his head. As a reflex, he held her by her shoulders, bending a bit so he could see her face.