Silence

The bus ride back to Miyagi was filled with nothing but awkward silence.

An occasional sob would break the tense atmosphere that gave everyone a reminder why the bus ride was so awkward in the first place. A vast majority of the boys were angry at M/n for snapping at Kiyoko like that, while others were just curious what details they didn't know about the situation. Eventually, Sugawara got tired of the silence and decided to ask Kiyoko about M/n.

Sugawara cleared his throat to get all of the attention on him."Kiyoko, if you don't mind me asking, what kind of a person was M/n when you both were little."

The question only made Kiyoko cry harder and ended with Suga getting a slap on the back of the head from Daichi. Inside of Kiyoko's mind she was trying to find any events that would make her bother hate her, but she hasn't thought of a single one.

She also realized that she barely had any significant memories with him at all. It was like for a majority of her life, he was just gone. She decided that she would confront her parents about it when they got home, but for now she wanted to rest. She was exhausted from all of the tears that she let go today. Kiyoko later her head on the bus window and tried to get as much sleep as she could without thinking of M/n.

Hours later (same POV)

After they made sure she was asleep the team, including Coach Ukai, decided to discuss what happened at the previous practice match. As much as they wanted to have the conversation, they were all scared to break the silence that was previous put there. This time Hinata was the first one to break the silence.

"I'm confused... I thought Kiyoko's brother would have been happy to see her after all these years". This statement caused sounds of agreement to be heard throughout the bus.

"From how Kiyoko described him, I thought he would burst into tears after seeing Kiyoko... but instead she did".

"He honestly seemed like kind of an asshole".

"Maybe it's better for both of them if Kiyoko never speaks to him again".

"Agreed... but what if something happened that she doesn't know about. The way that M/n acted was like he hated her guts. It was like he wanted her to just disappear. And I may not be the best person for this since I don't have siblings, but I don't think he can hate her like that without something major happening to make it like that".

"I remember Kiyoko saying that M/n always seemed very uncomfortable around her when their parents were around... so maybe they're the problem".