Chapter 10

Sitting with one leg in the large body of water where the yacht was anchored, Bulma watched the waves with her head resting on her bent knee as she heard the growing voices of Vegeta and Nappa.

Rising quietly, she made her way up the stairs slowly as she eavesdropped on their conversation.

"What you did is a declaration of war between two very powerful families, you know that right!? Do you have any idea who you shot!?"

"I retaliated in a way any mafioso would have done if another touched what wasn't theirs."

"You fucking shot both of his hands!"

"He shouldn't have touched a woman who clearly wasn't interested and mine!"

"You need to fix this. You act irrationally when Bulma is involved, and you need to get rid of her before you beg 18 to take you back."

Bulma gasped as Vegeta grabbed the mountainous man roughly by his collar, ripping him out of his seat and causing their chairs to fall over.

"You need to watch your fucking mouth. You may be my second, but you need to remember I am the don."

Hating that he was fighting with his own man, Bulma interrupted. "I'm sorry. I didn't mean for things to escalate."

Vegeta shoved Nappa away from him. "Get off my yacht and take the crew with you. I want to be left alone with Bulma."

With a glare at the couple, Nappa straightened his clothing before he swore under his breath as he gathered the crew of 3 and left with them on one of the emergency lifeboats.

"I'm sorry," Bulma apologized again. "Because of me... Because of what I wore..."

"No," he interrupted as he moved to stand in front of her, his hands cupping her face. "You have nothing to apologize for when that disgusting excuse of a man decided he wanted to touch you without your consent."

"But it's because of me your family is going to go to war with another..."

Bulma felt panic rise within her as she thought of the people who could possibly get hurt, or worse, die because of her. "I should leave..."

"What? Bulma, no."

"After the trouble I caused your family, you, why would you want me to stay? I should return to London so you can go back to as normal a life as you had before I came into it and ruined it. I only bring you trouble and headaches. You fucking shot a man because of me, Vegeta!"

Bulma knew she was on a yacht and couldn't truly get away from him, but she ran away from him anyway.

"Bulma!"

"I don't want to cause you any more trouble..."

"Wait!"

"I don't want you to get hurt because of me..."

"Bulma!"

"Just let me leave..."

"Dammit, stop!"

Tears stung her eyes as he chased after her until they reached the front of the yacht where he grabbed her and spun her to face him.

"I won't let you leave! No, I can't let you leave! How can I when I love you so much?!"

Silence stretched between them as they stared at each other before Bulma coughed to clear her throat as she wiped the tears from her eyes. "You what?"

"I fucking love you, Bulma. I thought I loved you before I even met you, but this connection between us, that I know you feel too, only made me realize I didn't just love the idea of you, I love the real you! You're smart, funny, kindhearted, strong-willed, passionate, and sexy as hell, and I can't imagine my life without you. When I thought you were hurt after your fall in that fountain, I realized I couldn't bear to live my life without you. I can't lose you. I don't want to lose you. I love you, Bulma. I love you so fucking much it hurts to even think of a life without you."