Thirteen: Through Different Eyes: Kanzaki Miyako

(A/N: For those who don't remember who Kanzaki Miyako is, see chapter 9.)

(A/N #2: I might make another Characters page soon to accommodate the new characters I've been adding. You might get another notification before the week is out.)

*

Kanzaki Miyako POV

I was four years old when my name changed from Muroki Miyako to Kanzaki Miyako. I became the stepdaughter of the man my mother seduced and the stepsister of the older boy who hated how we broke up his already broken family even more.

I was five years old when I cried and acted pitifully to push the blame onto my stepbrother for a broken priceless jar in the house. I watched on the sidelines as my stepfather scolded and slapped his own son across the face for denying everything. He believed me and ignored every word my stepbrother said. I found out that pretending I was a good girl could get me a lot of things that I want and turn things in my favor.

I was six when I met Ryuugamine Mahiro. When I first saw him, I decided he was going to be my prince. I was going to marry him. How couldn't I? He was handsome. He was smart. And most of all, his family was like the greatest family in the country! They have a lot of businesses and they own a lot of mansions! He was like a real-life fairy tale prince. No, he's even more than that! A lot of girls also wanted him but as long as I continue to pretend I was a good girl, Mahiro-sama would someday look my way. After all, it got me a lot of things I want already. Getting Mahiro-sama should be no different.

I was the same age when I met Kouzuki Akina and realized that acting like a good girl won't be enough for Mahiro-sama to notice me. Mahiro-sama ignored everyone but his eyes often strayed to Kouzuki Akina. What does she have that I don't? Why did it have to be her? Why not me?

Was it because Kouzuki Akina had more money than me?

Was it because Kouzuki Akina was prettier than me?

Was it because Kouzuki Akina was a real princess unlike a fake like me?

Unfair! Unfair! Unfair! It's not my fault that I was born poor! It's not my fault that I couldn't be born prettier! It's not my fault that I was born a nobody! Unfair! Unfair! Unfair!

Jealousy tasted more bitter than my stepfather's black coffee which I spilled and blamed on my stepbrother.

It became even worse when Akina wanted Mahiro-sama. If Akina gets Mahiro-sama, then what about me? What about what I want? I want Mahiro-sama too! I want to live like a princess too! I want pretty dresses! I want pretty shoes! I want shiny necklaces, bracelets, and earrings too! I want to live in a huge mansion too! It's not fair! It's not fair! It's not fair! Why does she have to get everything?!

I wanted to get rid of her so badly. I wanted her to disappear and never come back.

If she does then Mahiro-sama will...

Mahiro-sama will still ignore everyone. Mahiro-sama still won't notice me. The only one he ever noticed was Akina.