Chapter Three: Modern Marauders

Chapter Three

Before she realizes how quickly time has passed, Emma barely makes it to the Great Hall in time before the students arrive. Her hair still pulled back with a clip from studying the afternoon away, and no time to change into her proper school attire, she practically sprints to ensure McGonagall won't scold her once again for her tardiness.

The once bare Great Hall is now illuminated with floating candles and decorated to welcome the students. She barely has time to sit down before the rush of students crash through the door. Conversations and reunions happening all around. Emma stands up eagerly hoping to see two messes of red hair amongst the student body. Searching she finally spots them, the tallest in the room with a mischievous grin already scheming running across their faces, Emma smiles and runs over to greet them,

"Fred! George" She sprints up to George and gives him a hug. "It is so bloody good to see you too, It's been absolutely dull without you two here." She says turning towards Fred.

"Well it ought to be with the two greatest lads in the school gone." George retorts.

Fred smiles down at Emma and leans in to give her a hug as well, for a moment his head rested on top of hers, reminding her of just how tall the twins were.

"It's good to see you, Emma." Fred smiles half-heartedly. Emma was either too dull to notice, or rather she thought it had been far too farfetched, but ever since she had met Fred and George they had been glued at the hip, but over the years Fred had grown particularly fond of her, never the opportunity to make a move.

The trio almost made it back to their usual spot at the Gryffindor table before some yelled Emma's name from across the room, the other students unfazed. Emma shut her eyes tight and shook her head, turning back around to see exactly who she had expected.

Darcy was now in a full sprint into Emma and Fred had to catch her before she fell from the impact of Darcy engulfing Emma in a hug.

"Oh my god, darc, you could've knocked me out!" Emma says as they took a step back from each other.

"Oh, would you shut it, Emilia. I've been looking forward to seeing you all damn summer, the least you can do is humor my limited bursts of affection," Darcy responds, flattening her skirt out. "Oh hey, Freddie! George" Darcy nodded to the pair standing behind Emma. "I should go sit down, but see you later yeah?"

Emma almost forgot about her news and a smile drew to her face in a full grin, "Yeah sounds good. I have some very interesting things to tell you later about my summer..." she says with a wink.

"Emma no way. Did you finally fuck Snape? Oh my god, you have to tell me how big is it reallllly?" Darcy snorts laughing and looks up at Emma, slowly moving her hands apart. Emma swats at her arm, while Fred and George are now wide-eyed looking over Darcy's head.

"Miss Burton, I expect you to be in your seat in no later than 1 minute," Professor Snape curtly states before shifting past the group all containing their laughter as much as they could. A red hue had come to Darcy's cheeks, "This story better be fucking phenomenal after that" She says glaring at them, now in fits of uncontrollable laughter.

"You know what Darc, I dare say you aren't off with your guess," Emma says, smirking. Before Darcy can respond she meets Snape's eyes not so subtly telling her to get to her seat before he kills her.

Finally, Emma swings her feet over the bench and plops down next to Fred with George on the opposite side of the table, now the Great Hall almost full.

"What was that all about? Did you actually hook up with Snape?" George responds, raising an eyebrow.

Emma kicks him under the table "No you dimwit. I will decide if I will tell you my little summer adventures or not." she says crossing her arms in response.