Chapter Six: Dreams

Emma entered his office, completely out of breath hair strewn across her face sticking to her forehead her chest heaving up and down. Met with his gaze immediately, she notices her breath catch in her throat at the sight of his eyes interlocked with her own.

"I'm so sorry I am late Professor. I got stuck in the library with Hermione and we just lost track of time and..."

Before she can finish Professor Lupin signals for her to stop by raising his hand, "I started to think I have bored you with my lessons before they had even began," he smiles at her, standing up to meet Emma at the door, "We will have to make up for the time lost, but it shouldn't be an issue,"

"Of course, again I'm so sorry," taking a deep sigh out, thankful for his kindness, "It won't happen again, I promise," she says, following Remus to the empty chair next to the one he had just occupied.

Emma plopped down in the chair as he walked behind her and disappeared behind the opposite door that led to his private quarters. Not five minutes after he returned holding two small cups filled with what she presumed to be tea. He set them down in front of them, smiling down at her gently. She noticed that as he set her cup down in front of her, liquid slightly poured over the sides due to his hands shaking ever so slightly.

He had felt his heart stammering in his chest, far more noticeable as soon as she stepped in the room. Her blonde hair pulled back in a low bun, pieces falling to her face most likely from running to his office. When Remus went into to gather two cups of tea, he tried to take several deep breaths to shake off his rising emotions. He ran over the improbable scenarios in his mind only leading for his hands to shake with nerves as he set down the tea in front of her.

"So, Dumbledore had alerted me prior to the school year you particularly excel in the dark arts, and he believes it would be beneficial that we are able to refine your skills this year," Professor Lupin retorts, taking a seat in the chair next to hers, "Tell me Emilia, what would you like to learn this year?"

Unsure of what Emma really wanted out of this year, it took her a moment to ponder her thoughts and respond, "Honestly Professor, I don't exactly know," she smiles at him, bringing the cup of tea to her lips pausing briefly, "I feel as though there is not much else to learn,"

He hums slightly and nods in response, "I see. Well, maybe it is best that we follow the lessons and along the way if anything peaks your interest we can examine it further,"

"In the meantime I think we can take the night off and resume later this week," Remus states, leaning back in his chair taking a sip from his own cup, his eyes peaking over the rim, his gaze not faltering from hers, "Though I do appreciate you making your way down here this evening, so I would hate to see you leave so soon."

"Professor, I dare say you are asking me to stay? Is that so?" Emma says playfully, a mischievous smile threading to reach her lips, "I mean I don't mind and all, but do you really think that is in our best interest?"

Remus laughs slightly under his breath, "I never said if it was a good idea, but if we are going to be spending a majority of our evenings together, we are going to have to get used to each other's company," he returns her smile, his head leaning back against the top of the chair with a slight chuckle.

Emma admires how he looks in that very moment, his head carelessly falling backwards in a moment of reflection, how his eyes closed slightly when he smiled fully. She saw the most predominate curl on his head come undone from its spot and fall on the side of his face, casting a shadow along his scar. Emma had felt a pit grow in her stomach filling with all of the words she had wanted to spill out suddenly, there was something about him that made her feel at his utter mercy, so powerless under his presence.