The Knight's King (DreamNotFound) [2]

As an important note before we start, I don't know anything about sword fighting. I'm just making up things that sound cool and look like what I've seen in movies so, forgive me for inaccuracy lol.

The sun was at its highest point, bearing down on all of the knights. Their armor felt heavy and hot, too many layers causing them discomfort in the heat of the afternoon. Still they trained hard, sparring together in the fields just outside of the castle. Metal clanked loudly as knight's swords hit those of their opponents, or bounced off their armor. The highest ranking knight stood off to the side, watching his men as they trained. There was an uneven amount of knights training today, leaving George without a partner. George shared encouragement and tips with his men when they were needed though, and did a bit of mocking when his fellow knight and best friend Sapnap was knocked off of his feet by his sparring partner.

"Sir George?" A voice called from behind the top knight, startling him the slightest bit. George's hand fell to his scabbard, whirling around to face the man. He was completely stunned to find the face of the king staring back at him, smile gracing his lips as he watched George's face flicker through an array of emotions.

"Your high-"

"Dream." The king said, darting his eyes towards the other knights as a signal to George not to reveal who he was. They had never seen the kings face before, and so they wouldn't know who he was. "My name is Dream."

George cleared his throat, frown on his lips as he examined the king. "Right. Dream... Um, is there something I can assist you with, si-Dream?"

"I know I am not a knight myself, but I have worn my armor here in the hopes of sparring with you, if you'll allow it?" The king, or Dream, apparently, smiled pleasantly towards George. He was in a full suit of armor, covered head to toe in the strongest material that armor could be made from. It didn't work well for his disguise, no commoner could ever afford something of that strength (not even him as the highest of the knights), but George was not about to point that out.

"Who's this?" George heard Sapnap ask from behind George, approaching the pair after finally winning a sparring battle. "You're not giving my friend George over here any trouble now, are you?"

"He's a-" George looked from Sapnap over to the king, swallowing thickly. The king just smiled at him and Sapnap with apparently no intentions of introducing himself, and George turned his attention back to his friend. "He's a friend of mine."

Sapnap nodded slowly, looking the king up and down, seeming to examine every detail. "Nice armor. Too nice for a commoner... what do you do for work, exactly?"

"Sapnap." George barked quickly, wanting to stop this interrogation before Sapnap found himself in trouble with the king. His face was heating up quickly, nerves getting to him. "Sapnap, why don't you go do some more sparring? You've won a total of one fight with your teammates today, you could use the practice."

Sapnap blinked at George slowly, frown tugging at his lips for a moment. He caught sight of George's red cheeks and his eyes seemed to go a little wider, mouth forming an 'O' shape before cracking into a wide grin. "Okay, okay. I'll leave you two be then-have fun!"

Sapnap winked as he headed off to find another sparring partner, leaving George blushing furiously with the king standing right beside of him. George turned to the king quickly, bowing his head in apology. "Your highness, I greatly apologize! He did not know it was you, or I swear he wouldn't have-"

"Relax," the king chuckled brightly, a hand clapping itself on George's shoulder. "You worry too much. He seems fun. Anyways, you didn't answer my question."