🍵4. Nutmeg

(The product of too much research. Trans female reader!)

"Did you know nutmeg can kill you in large quantities?"

The eerily nonchalant question is posed by Isshiki as the dormitory had been partying and talking about seasonal spices.

I fix my eyes on my tea, which has nutmeg in it for flavour. "Neat." I take another drink.

"Y/n nooo!" Yūki mourns aloud.

"The quantities have to be pretty high, or consistent throughout your diet, so the occasional treat is fine," Isshiki adds.

"Then it's probably a good thing that pumpkin spiced flavours are a seasonal thing," Ryōko says in slight amusement.

"I like pumpkin spice though," I mumble. "Maybe I like the flavour of death."

Shun, sitting beside me, lets out a chuckle. "You would."

"Don't be so edgy, Y/n!" Yūki pouts.

"To be fair, she's usually like this," Shun responds.

I can't help the jolt of euphoria and the smile on my face.

"Well I know that, she's always saying something morbid," Yuki throws her arms around me. "She's too precious for this!"

They always remember. They always respect me. The residents of the Polaris dorms are always supportive.

"Hey Ryōko, I heard you have a new dish you're working on?" Megumi pipes up.

"Oh yeah, do you guys want to try?" Ryōko offers as she turns to us, "us girls can take the kitchen for a bit."

Soon, I'm pulled to the kitchen with the rest of the girls, and Ryōko begins prep for her dish.

"So Y/n," Yūki has a devious grin on her face that makes me shudder, "how are you and Shun doing?"

"Wahh we're doing fine," I cover my face, regretting the day that she found out about our relationship.

"Come on, give us all the juicy details!"

"There's no--"

"Don't lie to me! What's he like? Is he all gentlemanly, or cool about everything? Does he snore?" Yūki demands.

"Shh, not so loud," my heart is fired up in my chest. "He's fine. He's... Cuddly."

"Cuddly?!" Yūki claps her hands together. "How cute!"

"Mhm," I turn away, pouring some tea.

"Isn't that the nutmeg tea?" Megumi peeks over from beside me. She's lucky that Yūki is hounding me about relationships, and not her about her crush on a certain Soma.

I look her in the eyes as I take a gulp, and Yūki wails,

"Y/n nooo!"