🍵5. Cinnamon

(Trans male reader!)

The smell of cinnamon rolls caresses the kitchen, and I can almost taste the fresh bread and butter, cinnamon accenting the sweet icing that will soon be adorning the rolls. Freshly baked and gooey.

Now I'm hungry.

But I can't, not until my fiancé comes home. These are for us to share. I adjust my binder, my skin itching to just pull out the cinnamon rolls and eat them how they are.

The timer rings, and I check the cinnamon rolls. They're golden on the outside, the spiraling cinnamon filling a dark contrast. I pull them out of the oven, beginning to pour the sugary icing over the tops.

Knock knock.

Thank every god I know.

"Kojirō!" I open the door.

He raises an eyebrow. "Who knew my boyfriend would be this excited to see me. I should have brought a balloon or a popper, instead of this wine."

I don't even reply to his snide remark, grabbing his hand and pulling him to the kitchen. "I made cinnamon rolls, they just came out of the oven."

"That explains it," he sets the bottle of wine on the counter. "You're always excited for sweets."

"Here," I hand him a plate, adorned with an oozing cinnamon roll.

I grab my own, my mouth already watering in anticipation. The moment the cinnamon and sugar hit my tongue, the world seems to vanish. I'm simply ensnared by the sensuality of the bread and spice.

As soon as it starts, it's over.

I frown, wondering how I could have possibly eaten the whole cinnamon roll already.

"You really love cinnamon rolls, don't you?" Kojirō laughs, still only halfway through his.

"I'd worship them," I admit.

"Cinnamon is an aphrodisiac, you know."

"It's what," I set my plate down. "Really?"

He nods, taking another bite with a smirk. How is he always so smug? Doesn't it get tiring?

I roll my eyes. "Cinnamon rolls are amazing though."

"Maybe that's why you're cute. You are what you eat, and all you eat is sweets."

What?

He actually said something nice for once?

I think.

I smile a bit, trying to muffle it. The dumb smirk on his face grows.

"Um-- well-- then you eat a lot of--" I grapple to find anything that makes an ounce of sense "--I have no clue. Whatever makes you so smug all the time." He sets down his plate, finally done with his cinnamon roll.

"Says the one who can't even insult people. My point still stands." Kojirō's arms wrap around me, and he steals a sweet kiss. "Your lips even taste like sugar."

"No more cinnamon for you."