step six: learn to lie & make a bet

THE next day was both awkward and sad. awkward for the eight teens, and sad for everyone else. classes were cancelled for the rest of the week, and the entire school was put on lockdown, meaning that no one was allowed to leave campus.

everyone was instructed to stay in their dorms for the day, and while it may seem like an easy break for most students, cody was not having fun.

the police arrived at cepheus academy at exactly seven in the morning to do a proper investigation. cody heard the police sirens wailing from outside and sighed to himself. as he (tried to) lay comfortably in his bed, he could still feel his knife under his pillow.

what was he going to do with it now?

now that the deed had been done, cody felt guilty. how was he going to live with himself knowing that he took part in murdering the headmaster?

well, at least he wouldn't have to deal with it anymore. right?

all of the brunette's thoughts were interrupted by his roommate, trent.

"i'm gonna go sneak over to justin's dorm. want me to bring you something back from the vending machine?"

cody smiles to himself. "some skittles would be cool. tell justin i said hey."

"will do," the taller boy says, grabbing a few of his things and heading towards the door. "later, man."

"later." cody replies, and as soon as the door shuts, cody jumps out of his bed and onto his feet, pulling his knife out from under his pillow.

"i've gotta get rid of this." the boy mumbles to himself. after a few seconds of looking around to find a decent hiding spot for the time being, his phone begins to ring, causing him to jump.

he saw heather's name appear and quickly pressed the green button. "what's going on?"

"gwen just told me that all of the students are getting interrogated later today."

"all of us?" cody questioned. "that would take forever."

"she said there were a lot of cops doing it. and that there would be lie detectors and stuff."

"are you sure she didn't say that just to scare you?"

before heather can say anything else, the school's intercom turns on, and a woman's voice can be heard.

"attention students, there will be an interrogation by year level this afternoon at one o clock. it is mandatory, and if you do not show up, you will be suspended and immediately taken to the police station. have a great day, students!"

cody sighs to himself, his nerves travelling all over his body. "...nevermind."

___

when it was time for the year twelves to head down to the gym for interrogation, izzy was actually in a decent mood. although she was still slightly recovering from her hangover, she'd crushed her aspirin, put it into her mountain dew, and kept it moving.

izzy had always been an outgoing person, and nothing could ever get in her way. she always went after what she wanted, wether that be her dreams, items, or people, you'd definitely catch isabelle powers chasing after it.

however, this seemed to all go away when she'd bumped into eva on the way to the gym. she'd went speechless. why? she couldn't even tell you. was she scared that eva would say something to her? everything had already been awkward after last night.

"i-uh, sorry!" the redhead says before moving around eva, not even giving her a chance to say anything. once she made her way inside the gym, she began to walk over to the bleachers, only to be stopped by someone in front of her.