thirteen

TW: Sex
If this makes you uncomfortable don't read past the second set of ellipses.

• • • • •

The few days between Christmas and New Year's eve seemed to drag on. We spent most days lounging around the manor but spending our nights out in the beautiful city.

Earlier today, Sirius and Remus announced that they were going out tonight on a date. Sirius was very vocal to announce that James and I were not invited-, which was a given.

I was sitting on my bed helping Remus get ready for his date. Remus was standing in front of my mirror tying his tie.

It was nice to have time to properly catch up with him.

Remus turned to look at me, "So you and James? Anything new-, besides the whole totally being into each other and sleeping in the same bed?"

I threw a pillow at the brown-haired boy. "Actually, yes, there is."

His honey eyes widened and a grin played upon his pale, scarred face.

"And I'm just now hearing about it?" Remus teased, looking slightly hurt.

I sighed, "We agreed not to say anything yet."

"My lips," Remus pretended to zip his lips closed and lock them, "Are sealed."

"When we went to go get the Christmas decor, we somehow got on the topic of our feelings-, and one thing led to another and he kissed me."

Remus's grin widened, "I fucking knew it, Sirius owes me a galleon."

"You're betting on us?"

"It's the only sane thing to do."

I rolled my eyes, "Bloody Hell."

"Continue with your story." Remus insisted with a laugh as he combed through his hair.

I told Remus about the late-night chat that James and I had, where he asked me to be his girlfriend, our Christmas gift exchange, and our plans to keep our relationship on the down-low because it was still so new.

Sure, our friendship was almost six years old, but our newfound relationship was fragile, and to be honest, it was quite fun having it be our little secret. It was like Romeo and Juliet.

After I finished telling the rest of my story, Remus sat down next to me on the bed and smirked.

"I literally called it! I've known since the beginning of fifth year."

I furrowed my brows, "He still liked Lily."

Remus scoffed, "He still pawned after her-, but only because you were uninterested in anybody that year."

"I was studying for the O.W.L.'s!" I claimed.

"Dumb excuse."

There was a soft knock on the bedroom door.

"Come in." I chimed.

The doorknob turned as the door opened and James and Sirius stepped into the room. Sirius was dressed nice for their date and smirked at the sight of Remus.

James, on the other hand, was still in his pajamas.

"Ready, dear?" Sirius asked as he looked Remus up and down.

Remus blushed slightly, "Um-, yeah, let's go."

"Have fun you two!" I exclaimed as the couple disappeared from the doorway as they made their way to the staircase.