Chapter 4

"Savitar?" A voice called out to him and he felt someone shaking his body. Savitar fluttered his eyes open to see Barry at his side with a worried look.
"He-he took Caitlin," Savitar tried to speed off but Barry held him back.
"Okay, look. We have no idea where they are. We need to go back to the Lab and sort things out." As much as Savitar hated the idea, he knew he couldn't do anything and silently ran back to the lab. 

"So, what exactly happened?" Iris asked curiously and Savitar explained everything.
"I should've came, I should've..." Cisco shook his head in disappointment.
"Hey! Look, Caitlin is family and we can't just sit here and blame ourselves for what happened, we're not going to waste our time dwelling on the past when we can try and locate her," Barry said. He was worried sick for his friend, and wanted to find her fast.
"You're right," Cisco agreed, "what did you guys find at Mercury Labs, it could lead us to something."
"Right. Tina McGee claimed that some prototype of an atom replacer was stolen. When we asked what it could do, well. She said that if the device is used correctly, it can remove the powers of meta humans, but it's the first draft," Barry explained.
"Which means it's highly dangerous," Iris finished.
"So what could he want from Caitlin?" Cisco asked.
"This is ridiculous," Savitar mumbled and left the cortex just as Joe walked in.
On his way out, Savitar could hear Joe say, "sorry guys, we found nothing." Anger boiled through his skin and he tried to calm himself down. He went down to the speed lab and ran freely, until Iris showed up. 

"Hey."
He sighed, "there's nothing you can do to help me."
"Why don't you just listen, then?"
"We should be out there running around the city to find her, he's not faster than me."
"Sure, you can do that. But you'd have no idea what you're getting yourself into. Do you want to get attacked by another icicle? Sure you heal fast, but are you willing to put Caitlin in danger? Again?"
He sighed. She was right. He sat down on one of the steps and she sat next to him.
"You like her," she stated.
"I care for her, sure. I don't know. I just want her to be safe."
"I get that, but the only way that's going to happen is if we all work together. It's the only way to defeat that dumb Jack Frost."
"Frost....wait! That's it!" Savitar grabbed Iris and ran to the cortex where Joe, Barry, and Cisco waited.
"Sorry for rushing out," Savitar said softly, and the others, even Joe, smiled.
"Well, the CCPD has no idea who this guy is, he's not in the system," Joe informed them.
"Apparently Savitar has an idea," Iris looked at him expectantly.
"Right. He seemed very interested in Caitlin's other half; her powers. But when he attacked me, it wasn't like he was skilled, he only attacked me cause he caught me off guard," Savitar clinched his fists, "anyways, he took the atom replacer right, so what if he's trying to get rid of his powers?"
"So, you're saying he's not a bad guy?" Joe asked and Savitar nodded his head in agreement.
"He could be a former employee at Mercury Labs! Think about it, the device was a secret, since it wasn't finalized," Barry explained.
"Right," Cisco clapped his hands together and slid on his chair toward the computers and began typing away. "These were the three working on the device a year ago, Savitar, do you recognize-"
"That's him!" Savitar pointed to a brown haired with matching brown eyed man in his late 20's.
"Nicholas Lockhart. Has 3 properties. A house in Central City and two warehouses."
"Well, we can cross one off the list, since that's where he attacked me."
"Okay, let's go save our biochemist," Barry stated.
Before the speedsters could race off, Cisco shouted, "wait! Savitar, I fixed your suit."
"I-wow, Cisco, you really didn't need to."
"Meh, you're apart of the team now and faster than Barry so it was interesting building your suit and seeing-"
"Cisco! Really?" Barry rolled his eyes and Savitar smirked.
"Sorry, sorry, I've also imputed a telecom, now go save Caitlin."
The speedsters rushed off and stopped in front of the warehouse.
"Savitar, it'd be better if you went first, since he already knows you and wouldn't expect Barry," Cisco said.
"No, actually, I tried talking to him. Barry's better at that stuff anyways."
"Do whatever you think is best."
"Hey, I'll go and talk to him, no big deal, you get Caitlin."
"Alright, I hacked into his security cameras. He has Caitlin on the first door to your right as soon as you walk in, but be careful, he's right with her."
"Why are there cameras at an abandoned warehouse?" Savitar questioned.
"Good question, my best guess, he's expecting you."
The boys looked at each other, nodded, and ran in.
As soon as they got to the room, Barry raised his hands in surrender and said,
"Nicholas Lockhart, we know who you are and we know you don't want to hurt anyone."
"The Flash? Impressive, really, but who told you I don't want to hurt anyone, take one step closer and we'll see just how wrong you are."
Savitar looked toward the chair calculating how fast he can get Caitlin out of there, but to his surprise the woman on the chair was not Caitlin.
"Where is she?"
"Who? Caitlin? Not here, obviously, she's watching all of this though, don't worry, say hello!" He pointed toward a camera in the room.
"That's the camera I'm in," Cisco stated in their ears.
"Nicholas, listen, we get that you're trying to get rid of your powers, we can help you. Come back with us," Barry said slowly.
"Pfft. I don't need you guys. I have Dr. Caitlin Snow, and I can't wait to show you what I'm going to do with her." Anger and annoyance getting the best of him, Savitar sped over to Nicholas and slammed his neck to a wall.
"I swear to God if you did anything to her..."
Nicholas smirked which caused Savitar to tighten his grip and soon, Nicholas started to cough.
"Savitar! Stop, I got this, go find Cait," Barry was beside him in a instant and locked Nicholas up with power dampening cuffs.
Savitar ran out and called out for Cisco.
"32 BlueHill boulevard."
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------