Chapter 20

Caitlin looked at herself in the full length mirror and tightened the bow of her knee-length black dress.
"You look beautiful." She saw Savitar on the mirror sitting on her bed.
She turned around to face him,
"Not the appropriate occasion," she sighed, "I have way too many funeral outfits."
"How are you doing?" He asked.
"Well, I'm talking to you, here, right now, but your dead body is at a funeral home, so."
"I may just be your imagination, but now it's as though I'm always with you."
"I miss you," her eyes teared up.
"Caitlin, don't cry. Not today, please? I need you to be strong."
"I'm trying! It's just...hard."
As she sat on her bed looking at him, Cisco came to her,
"Caitlin?"
She jumped and turned to him,
"Cisco? How did you get in?"
"Sorry. The door was unlocked and I heard you talking to someone, was it Frost?"
"Umm, actually no."
He sat down next to her and cocked his eyebrows, waiting for a bit more of an explanation.
She sighed, "I, uh, I've actually been seeing him, Savitar."
"What do you mean?"
"I mean, whenever I feel alone, or sad, he's there and I talk to him, sometimes. I don't know, it kind of makes me feel a bit better."
He didn't say anything.
"You think I'm crazy, don't you?"
"No, of course not. I sometimes saw Dante too after he died. It's a way of coping, I get it. Are you gonna be okay today?"
She thought aboutit, then nodded,
"Yeah, I think so."
They hugged and left to the funeral home.
There, they saw Iris, Barry, Joe, Cecile, and Caitlin's mother, Carla.
Cisco and Caitlin arrived and everyone had a chance to hug her, while Carla loitered around.
Caitlin walked up to her mom and smiled,
"Hi."
"Hi. Caitlin, I'm so sorry we had to meet like this. I, just, Barry Allen called me and told me about Savitar. I didn't know...how close you two were."
Caitlin wanted to tell her that she was never there for her to talk about Savitar, but decided against it.
"It's okay, mom. I'm glad you're here now."
Carla hugged Caitlin and smiled at her when she pulled away.
"Do you want me to stay with you for a while?"
"That'd be nice. I mean, only if you want to."
"Of course."
One by one, everyone went to go view the body, Savitar's dead body, and Caitlin was the last to go.
She walked up and saw his pale lifeless skin and her legs began to shake. She covered her hand over her mouth and began to cry.
Cisco came to her side in a second before she could fall.
"I'm so sorry," she whispered, "I should've done something. I'm so sorry." She kept repeating.
"Hey. Hey," Cisco said patting her head, "none of this is your fault."
After the ceremony,
Team Flash, along with Carla, went to a cemetery where a Father read a couple of lines from the bible and after he was done, he asked,
"Would anyone like to say a few words?"
They looked around at each other, and a few minutes later, Barry spoke up.
"We all met Savitar as a villain. The bad guy, but to him, in a way, we were the villains, the ones who made his life miserable. And no matter how much we hurt one another, I knew one thing: Savitar was a broken man. He was always in between this battle of good and evil, but in the end he chose good, with the help of his loved ones," he glanced at Caitlin who looked down at Savitar's coffin, "he brought fresh new ideas to the team, and he did more good that outweighed all the bad he did. He hated me and I hated him, but now...I'm glad we got to know him and I'm proud of how much he grew." Barry ended his speech by dropping a rose by the coffin.
Iris stepped up, "Savitar tried to kill me multiple times, but whenever I was with him, I'd always forget that. He was a good friend and too soon gone," she stepped back and hugged Barry.
"I hated Savitar the most when he showed up", Joe said, "but he was quick to prove me wrong. He knew me as the father who abandoned him, while I saw him as a monster. I hope wherever he is now, he knows what a hero he is and how much I wish I could thank him for being true to himself no matter what."
Cisco stepped up,
"I called him Burnt Pizza Face, and I'm glad he didn't kill me for that," he smiled and everyone else did too, "he loved Caitlin, who's like a sister to me, and honestly what more could I ask for? He brought her happiness and I'm thankful for that."
Caitlin stepped up which shocked most of them.
"Um. When I first met Savitar, I was," she glanced at the pastor who looked very confused, "a different person. When everyone, including myself, wanted to get rid of my other half, he taught me how to embrace her. He went a bit far," she smiled, "but it worked out in the end. Deep down, even if I didn't want to admit it, I always knew there was good in him, he just had a hard time showing it." She took a deep breath and continued, "we had our ups and a lot of downs. Somewhere along the way, I found out I loved him, but I-I never had the chance to tell him," she wiped the tears that were slowly falling down, "he died, trying to save me and for that, I'll forever be grateful. I wish, I wish I could've held him one more time, but..."
After everything was done, the crowd separated a bit and Caitlin found herself talking to Savitar,
"I never thought this many people would attend my funeral."
She smiled at him and he looked at her.
"I don't want to be the cause for your sadness."
"You're not, Nick is."
"Why all the glum faces?" As if on cue, Nicholas appeared.
——————————————————————————————————————