Chapter 25

"Caitlin?" He whispered confused.
"Savitar? It's me. I'm right here." She said in disbelief.
Back in the medical bay at the lab, Savitar sat at the hospital bed, while Caitlin checked his vitals and did essential tests while the others waited.
"Incredible. It's...everything's normal!"
"Seriously?" Iris questioned.
"I mean normal for a speedster," Caitlin replied, "his circulation, brain reactions...everything's great," she said excitedly.
"It's great to have you back, Savitar," Iris exclaimed, "but we should give you some time alone," she eyed Barry and Cisco who got the hint and left the room.
"So," Caitlin sat across from Savitar, "how are you feeling?"
"Great," he said and they couldn't help but feel a bit awkward. Losing him, made Caitlin realize how much she loved him and Savitar already knew his feeling for her, but being back, they couldn't find the right words.
"I'm sorry to ask, but how did it feel? I mean, being gone?"
"It was dark and lonely, honestly nothing I haven't felt before."
"I'm glad you're back," she smiled and shrugged and he smiled back.
That night, Caitlin went to bed disappointed at the lack of conversation she had with Savitar. She expected it to be like a reunion from one of those movies where the couple would find each other again after everything they've been through and passionately kiss while it was raining.
As she was making up these scenarios, she heard a soft knock on her bedroom door, she perked up from her sheet to find Savitar at the door wearing grey sweats without a shirt.
"Hi", she said shocked, "is something wrong?"
"Can I sleep with you tonight?"
"Uh, sure." She moved to one side of the bed while he got on the other.
They turned to face one another, faces close.
"Sorry to bother you, I just didn't want to sleep alone." He said, almost embarrassed.
"Hey, it's okay. You just died and came back to life, you have nothing to be ashamed of and...you'll always have me. No matter what." He smiled and they looked at one another for a while until she turned around and he hugged her tightly around her waist with his head in her hair.
He whispered in her ear, "I missed you."
"Me too, Savitar. You have no idea."

The next day, everyone was at Star Labs with bright happy faces and Iris beamed.
"We're going to have a party!"
"What? Why?" Savitar asked confused.
"It's for you, of course! I know it's only been a day since you, um, died. I can use that term, right?"
"Don't see why not," Savitar shrugged.
"Great, well, it's kind of like a welcome home party and the best part is that it's tonight!"
"How did you even have the time to plan all this?" Caitlin smiled, impressed.
"Well, I've been planning since the hour you got here," she pointed at Savitar, "and I had some help with my speedster fiancé," she went to Barry and kissed him in appreciation.

That evening, Savitar got ready for the party and waited in the living room for Caitlin. She entered the room and Savitar looked at her breathless. Caitlin was wearing a tight black dress with a low v-cut neckline and she looked absolutely stunning. Savitar had only been gone a week or so, but to him it felt like forever, and each second that he was in the darkness, he thought of all the ways he could've changed his life into something better. He wished he had had the chance of telling Caitlin how he really felt.

"Well?" She asked and he snapped back to the present, "how do I look?"
"Absolutely stunning," he said and she blushed.
"But, you're missing something." He reached into his pocket, grabbed a box, and handed it to Caitlin.
She opened it and gasped, "a sun and moon necklace? It's beautiful, thank you."
"I wanted to give it to you, you know, before I died. You bring the light into my life Caitlin Snow."
"Savitar. Are you being sentimental?"
"Dying and coming back does that to a person," he smirked and she lightly hit him on the shoulder.
"C'mon we're going to be late."
"It's my party, who cares?" She rolled her eyes and left the house and he followed soon after.

At the West-Allen apartment, the party was at full swing and Caitlin gave a I-told-you look to Savitar who just shrugged.
"Late to your own party, very Savitar of you." Iris welcomed them and handed each a champagne glass.
Caitlin soon ditched Savitar to go show her necklace to Iris and he sat alone on the couch drinking some beer when Barry sat next to him.
"Glad to have you back."
"Really? You're glad someone faster than you is back?" He smirked and Barry laughed.
"Shut up. Caitlin's happy again, everyone is, that's all that matters."
"I'll try not die again. Hey, Caitlin told me how hurt you were too, I, I don't know, I'm sorry I made you feel that way?"
"Thanks, I guess. It was weird, when you got stabbed, it felt like..."
"You got stabbed too?"
"Yeah, how-"
"Barry, believe it or not, we have the same face, which means we are connected in a way."
"Well, I don't mind being connected to a hero like you."
"Ha. Why don't we stick with, anti-hero for now?" He asked at they clicked their glasses together.
A slow song started to play and Caitlin and Iris came back to the couch to fetch their pairs. Barry and Savitar looked at each other and held the hands of their partners.

As they were dancing, Caitlin said, "I'm glad you're back. I was starting to go crazy. Spoke to you even though you died," she laughed and he looked at her confused.
"Are you drunk?"
She shrugged, "it's a party!"
The party ended after a few hours and Savitar and Caitlin walked outside as it started to rain. Caitlin was being stubborn, not wanting to speed over to the house since "speed and alcohol do not mix." So, they waited in the drizzling rain and Savitar gave her his jacket.
"C'mere." She said, and he came closer and put his arms around her waist. Their faces only inches apart, "kiss me," she commanded.
"You're drunk," he smiled.
"I'm sober enough to know that you and I, we're not always going to have perfect moments like these. Our lives are rollercoasters, I mean, you just came back from the dead, so we have to make the most out of it."
That was enough for Savitar, he picked her up and she swung her legs around his lower torso. He pushed her up against the wall and kissed her hard. Even in the cold rain, their bodies were heated next to one another and their tongues explored one another until the cab honked.
——————————————————————————————————————