Chapter 11

Savitar casually took out the wrapping paper in a small bag, but secretly, he was very excited to see what he got. 
Inside the bag, he saw a bunch of papers and cards and looked at Barry puzzled.
"Okay, I guess this needs a bit of explaining. Since you're officially apart of this timeline, with the help of Joe and some others, you are now officially Savitar Allen. You can find your citizenship, 'birth certificate', and all the other documents needed to prove that you are your own independent person."
Savitar couldn't hide his shock. This was all he ever wanted, to have a real name and to be a real person, instead of a fragment of time.
"I, uh, thanks, Barry," he whispered and Barry nodded in reply.
After gifts were exchanged, Caitlin went to the washroom and looked in the mirror. She placed the device Cisco had given her on her forehead as instructed.
"Hello, Caity," she heard a icy voice in her head and automatically smiled.
"Frost! I can't believe it."
"Well, you better."
"This is amazing, we can talk to each other all the time, now!"
"Don't make it a habit." Caitlin rolled her eyes and before she could say more, the washroom door opened to reveal Savitar.
"Oh, sorry. I didn't know you were, uh, in here."
"No, it's fine...I shouldn't have been in here in the first place."
They looked at each other silently before Savitar cleared his throat.
"Um, so you were talking to Frost?"
"Hm?"
He pointed at the device in her head.
"Oh. Yeah, I was."
"Caity, you're in loveee," Frost teased and Caitlin took off the device and put it in her pocket.
"So?"
"What?"
"I asked how was it?"
"Oh, sorry. Um, it was good. She's still, you know, Frosty." He nodded and then remembered something. Savitar ran out and came back within seconds. He handed her a box and said,
"I brought it, well, before everything, and couldn't return it so," he shrugged.
"Oh, wow," she said astonished, "it's the dress I asked for!"
She blushed as she remembered that when they went to the small boutique she had asked for the beautiful, eye catching green dress and Savitar replied,
"I'll buy it for you so I can see you wear it, but I'd much rather rip it off after." 

He turned to leave, unable to handle the awkwardness, when she stopped him.
"Wait! I, um, got you something, too."
He turned to look at her and she grabbed a small photo frame and handed it to him. It was from a photo booth at the festival they went to. He unconsciously smiled at the memory, then pulled himself together quickly and sighed.
"Caitlin, what's your deal? You say you don't want to be together, then you get me this and want me to live with you? If you're leading me on or playing games, I'm telling you right now-"
"What? No. Savitar, I-I never meant to lead you on and I'm definitely not playing games. I want you to sleep close to me, even if it's not beside me because I want you to be the first person I see everyday. I want to be with you, but I just can't. I'm hurt and broken. I don't want to be a burden on you, you don't deserve someone who isn't going to be fully invested." She looked down at the floor.
He slowly walked closer to her and cupped her cheeks so they're faces were only inches apart.
"Caitlin, I'm sorry, but you don't get to decide what I deserve or what I don't. I want you, every part of you... and honestly it's not like I'm the perfect guy, either!"
"That's exactly what I'm saying, it'd never work..." they looked into each other's eyes blissfully, wanting one another so bad, but knowing deep down, it'd never work.
Cisco walked into the washroom humming then stopped at the sight of the two.
"Oh. I didn't know..."
Savitar and Caitlin quickly pulled away. Savitar looked back at Caitlin one last time, and walked away while Caitlin sighed.
"What just happened?" Cisco asked confused.
"I think I just lost him forever."
Cisco frowned at his friend.
"Hey, why don't you get a drink and I'll come talk to you. After I pee."
Caitlin left the bathroom and went down to the kitchen to see Barry with a drink in his hand.
"Hey," he smiled at Caitlin.
"Hi," she said softly.
"Why so glum?"
"Do we have vodka?" She asked and he sped off, came back, and poured some shots.
"I had a confrontation with Savitar, just now."
"How'd that go?"
"Not good." She chugged down another shot, "I basically told him that we were never going to happen."
"And why'd you say that?"
"Because...it's true. I never get what I want, Barry. I want to believe that I make him a better person, but I know that's not true because I don't even know if I'm a good person. And the way he gets mad, the way he'd do anything to protect me, I can't be responsible for that," she sighed and took another shot.
"Listen Cait, first why don't we stop with the drinks?" He asked as he took away the vodka, "second. He's just discovered that he wants to be good and you've just discovered that you have this whole other person inside you. You both have a lot of things to sort through right now. But who knows? Maybe in the future, you two can be together, for now though, try and focus on yourself."
"Right you are, sir." Caitlin said swaying and Barry caught her.
"Savitar!" Barry shouted for help and instantly Savitar was by his side.
"What's up?"
"She's a bit tipsy, can you take her home?"
"What? Why? I'll have you know I'm having a great time here and I don't want to go home yet."
"Psh. I don't even need you." Caitlin said pointing a finger at Barry, thinking it was Savitar, "I can go home myself," but as she walked toward the door, she was about to fall down before Savitar ran to catch her. He sighed and looked back at Barry who was smiling, satisfied.  
"Fine, I'll take her home, but you owe me."
——————————————————————————————————————